• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I Just Bought Goode Skis

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This morning I went to Outdoor Divas demo day at Loveland. I went with 2 friends who wanted to demo skis. I had no plans to buy new skis but my Rossignol Saffron 7 torture my peroneal tendon injury. Even my Temptation 88's don't make my injury happy.

Curious to see if a narrower ski would help I demoed skis in the 80-90 range. The ski that stood out was the Goode Ski Chick. Apparently this ski was a special order made for Outdoor Divas. I know nothing about this ski except it turned very easily, was fast, stable, and edged very well. It's amazing that when you thought of turning the ski it turned.

I really didn't want to buy another pair of skis but my injury is slowing down my skiing. I have no idea when I will recover from this injury, if ever. I'm thinking if I'm going to continue skiing this season I need a ski that will pamper my ankle. However, I will still pull out the wide skis for powder days!

BTW, my friends favorites were the Temptation 84 from the friend who skis the Lotta Luvs. My friend who skis the Kenja's loved the Nordica Santa Ana.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Google tells me nothing. Can you take some pictures of the topsheet graphics / ski shape and from the side (to show camber/rocker profile)?

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Google tells me nothing. Can you take some pictures of the topsheet graphics / ski shape and from the side (to show camber/rocker profile)?

I picked them up at the Vail store this afternoon. They are the Goode Opus, https://store.goode.com/carbon-opus-82mm/. However, Outdoor Divas designed their own top sheet, one ski is reddish orange, the other burnt orange? There are no graphics, just the Outdoor Divas logo. I think it will be nice not having to look at patterns on my skis. I plan to ski them tomorrow, before the snow hits. They do have demo binding which adds some weight but they are the Salomon Z10 which is what I use on my other skis.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oooh, nice small radius.

I wouldn't sweat the demo bindings - they had demo bindings when you fell in love with them, right?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, same bindings. The do add some weight. Price was right though.

I also wondered if it was wise to buy my Zeldas with demo bindings. Price was also right. Then I realized I had loved them with those demo bindings - why mess with success?

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I demoed Goodes two years ago at Snowbasin's demo day event that benefits their adaptive ski program. Hands down the best ski of the day. How are you liking them?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna