• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: I have one day!

K9hndler98

Certified Ski Diva
I'm headed to Spokane, WA in Dec and I may have one day to take my 16yro daughter skiing. Where's the best place near there?

Nikki

marzNC

Angel Diva
Have never been to Spokane but made a list for future reference because SW flies there.

49 Degrees North (50 min)
Mt Spokane (35 min)
Schweitzer ( 1 hr 40 min)
Silver Mt. ( 1 hr 10 min)
Lookout Pass (1 hr 40 min)

You can get basic info here about 49 Degrees and Mt. Spokane. Seem like fun places enjoyed by locals of all abilities.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Personally, I'd go for Schweitzer. I have no knowledge of the area, but trip reports make it sound like a really pleasant mountain.

Definitely check with Geargrrl. You might want to let her know a little about your daughter's personality, ski experience, preferences, etc. so she can best advise you.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, if you are coming from Maryland, I don't think any of those places will disappoint! Lookout Pass is really small but no crowds at all. Schweitzer is fantastic but a bit of a drive for one day from Spokane. 49 North is an easy hour and has plenty to offer. I have not been to Silver but I've heard good things. I think Geargrl skis at Mt. Spokane a lot. Hope she chimes in!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna