• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I GOT me a road bike!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
An '08 Specialized Ruby Comp, at The Competitive Edge in East Longmeadow, MA.

Here it is:

1445134184_d874a66f02.jpg

Here I am, testing it out (with Mr. Ski Diva testing a bike, too):

1444265263_a0c2a56fa9.jpg

By myself:

1445126472_e44dee306f.jpg

And with Mr. Quiver Queen (AKA Craig) who works at the shop and was extremely patient, pleasant, and helpful:

1444264933_2b66cb63d8.jpg

Isn't it beautiful??? I can't wait to take it out for a good long ride. :yahoo:

A special thanks to Quiver Queen, herself, for her patience and for being the gear-head that she is. She was a tremendous help in getting me all squared away with new biking stuff (including a new pink helmet! :D ).

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That is a sweeeeet ride!
Next - clipless pedals.

I'm so happy for you. I know how excited I was to get the liquid!

Feels like you're a kid again when you ride a bike!

Ski Spirit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats SD,
May you have many great rides!!!
Thanks for posting pics; looks like a nice area to ride.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Word has it, the weather is shaping up and SkiDiva is taking her new bike out for its maiden voyage.

What are the odds she feels like a kid again?
Riding a bike always makes me feel like a kid!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
You're right SnowHot -- the inaugural ride was this morning. Twenty miles along scenic Route 100 in the beautiful Green Mountain State. The leaves are turning, the sun was glinting off the lakes, my Ruby rides like a dream. What could be better? :D

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
She's sweet!!

Now you have the makings of a bike quiver?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if this constitutes a quiver, but I have an old Trek hybrid (15-plus years) that I plan to hang onto for unpaved trails (think Rails-to-Trails stuff, not mountain biking). Hardly seems quiver-worthy, though.

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
whoa!!

I just bought that same bike earlier this month.

I swear I am not stalking you, and that makes 5 :D

I've done almost 350 miles on it since I've gotten it, that's how much I like it.

wish I could pay the same attention to my skis.

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is the shoe I got when I got the bike:

07ShoeTorchWmns_d.jpg

you have to admit the pink highlights match the pink highlights on the bike :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga