• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

"I can't go today" whine thread...

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
But he put it in a huge cast. So here's hoping it heals well.......without fixing.

Perhaps he could build in a ski-pole holder for you? Or you can have another cast in the other hand and go no-pole!

I'm sorry, I can't go. We are on the way to a Caribbean island for a dive trip. Be glad, my departure usually guarantees a powder dump for you at home.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. You are missing out on some classic PNW rain all week this week, and every drop of it will be like a drop of tear I shed thinking of your misery...

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 19.02.29.png

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today's whine is figuring out I probably have the flu. I skied today (beautiful day) and had a headache by mid-morning and major leg and body aches by mid-day. I wanted to go back out but no way. I dragged myself back to the car and came home (VT place) and went to bed for five hours. AUUUUUGH. Thera flu sounded like a good idea .... after I woke up later than 9 pm! Having tea and going back to bed. Hope everyone else avoids this!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Today's whine is figuring out I probably have the flu. I skied today (beautiful day) and had a headache by mid-morning and major leg and body aches by mid-day. I wanted to go back out but no way. I dragged myself back to the car and came home (VT place) and went to bed for five hours. AUUUUUGH. Thera flu sounded like a good idea .... after I woke up later than 9 pm! Having tea and going back to bed. Hope everyone else avoids this!

Ugh, that stinks. Feel better!

WileyAce

Certified Ski Diva
My whine today is that I can't go this weekend because my husband is going on a guys only skiing trip. Glad he gets to go, but am definitely jealous.

newboots

Angel Diva
Thanks everyone! It's the 5th metacarpal (pinky) First ortho thought it would need surgery, surgeon said prob not. But he put it in a huge cast. So here's hoping it heals well.......without fixing.

I've actually been through this once before (different finger - same hand! Who does this lol) and did need surgery - so I am not looking forward to the PT/OT - but I do know how important it is.

I'm also in the same boat with sick time - counting the hours every day. Could be a long year if I have to tap into vacation time :mad2:

Funny - when you're working you wish for more free time ....now I have all this free time, but can't do anything :frusty:

That's the one I broke! I'm so glad you may be getting away without surgery. Surgery screws the bones together, but then there is the chance of infection (yes, happened to me), the scar tissue, the adhesions. So much better without!

I was also nursing a sprained ankle from the same fall so I sat on the couch and watched Netflix for a month.

The fall inspired me to learn to ski, though. I realized at my age I needed sports, year round, and I wasn't getting any younger. So it has ended well!

Speedy recovery! Read some skiing books!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
edit: deleted for personal reasons

Last edited:

newboots

Angel Diva
Ohhh, what a horrible place to be in. I've been evaluating myself as someone who needs a lot of attention and having some cringing moments lately.

I imagine that there's a lot of excitement going on around you; you are vibrant and full of life. If they perceive it as drama, so be it.

Or I might be way off, since I have nothing to go on but this post, and well, all your other posts. I like who you are.

Last edited:

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
edit: deleted for personal reasons

Last edited:

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm pretty sure I didn't handle it effectively, but not sure what would have been a wise approach.

When it seems like there isn't anything you can do to have a better interaction with someone, it's not what you are doing; it's who they are.

Like this awful crud I dealt with recently. 12" of powder, gouged out with deep parallel tracks, then thawed to 40ºF, then frozen to 20ºF, then thawed half-way and inconsistently. There was little I could have done in the way of technique or equipment. I knew I could handle it, but it just wasn't fun. Too much work. Time to walk away and embrace the near-perfect groomers.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Like this awful crud I dealt with recently. 12" of powder, gouged out with deep parallel tracks, then thawed to 40ºF, then frozen to 20ºF, then thawed half-way and inconsistently. There was little I could have done in the way of technique or equipment. I knew I could handle it, but it just wasn't fun. Too much work. Time to walk away and embrace the near-perfect groomers.

That stuff is the worst. Hot chocolate time.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. You are missing out on some classic PNW rain all week this week, and every drop of it will be like a drop of tear I shed thinking of your misery...

Actually, not. I'm on the Idaho side. Lookout Pass has gotten several feet in the pass week, as has Schweitzer, Brundage, Mt Spokane and a few others. Every day I was on Bonaire I got the snow reports from my pals.

Christy

Angel Diva
Actually, not. I'm on the Idaho side. Lookout Pass has gotten several feet in the pass week, as has Schweitzer, Brundage, Mt Spokane and a few others. Every day I was on Bonaire I got the snow reports from my pals.

She might have been kidding as the forecast she posted for wherever in Oregon was all snow. Nonstop snow up in WA too...

Crystalforecast.JPG

Attachments

• Crystalforecast.JPG
    Crystalforecast.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 3

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I deleted some stuff that, in retrospect, I would prefer not to share publicly in perpetuity.

RhodySkiBum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Perhaps he could build in a ski-pole holder for you? Or you can have another cast in the other hand and go no-pole!

View attachment 6824

Don't think I didn't try to see if I could still grip a pole with this cast -- haha - I can for a minute, but then, no glove will fit over it either!! (Three fingers are partially exposed lol) Evaluation next week, hoping for a smaller splint after that :thumbsup:

That's the one I broke! I'm so glad you may be getting away without surgery. Surgery screws the bones together, but then there is the chance of infection (yes, happened to me), the scar tissue, the adhesions. So much better without!

I was also nursing a sprained ankle from the same fall so I sat on the couch and watched Netflix for a month.

The fall inspired me to learn to ski, though. I realized at my age I needed sports, year round, and I wasn't getting any younger. So it has ended well!

Speedy recovery! Read some skiing books!

Yeah surgery - and all it's complications is no fun. Hoping this heals properly without......

I've started a project of scanning old photos to store them digitally. One of those things I never had time to do!!
And I do some painting, so getting back into that (luckily I'm right handed!)

Jenny

Angel Diva
Hahaha -- you're such an enabler!!

(Going to try on old mittens/gloves now lol)
Ooh, maybe one of those ice scrapers like this:
50090743138159p

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna