• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I 80 over Donner Summit Thursday afternoon

Squaw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The drive up I80 between Baxter and Donner Summit was treacherous late yesterday afternoon. I had to get our son to Reno for a freestyle team session. And of course we hit the first real storm of the season.:nono:

Our 4 wheel volvo slipped and fishtailed - some of the worst I EVER remember. The just-at-freezing icy mash, usually a short transition to put up with, WAS the condition for 30 miles, and the volume coming down, which those who know the Sierra can attest, made for deep, deep trenches that threw the car in nano seconds. Zip grip. And it wasn't just me. On two grades, the slow momentum of a handful with chains, killed the momentum, and frankly we escaped spinning into a semi by a hair.

I PLEA with those who drive with chains: move over!!!! Gads it was dangerous.

We almost NEVER use our Spider Spikes on the interstate, and I pulled over to put them on....only to discover that my son had grabbed the pair for the OTHER car. :doh: Blush....he and I had had a quick debate at home (DIVA MOM" "Are you SURE they are the right ones? Mr. DIVA JR.: "Yes, absolutely, let's GO." ) and I took his word. Operator error! :frusty: :eek: Never again will either of us ever feel insulted if someone challenges whether the right gear is in the car.

So now we debate, drive home today or stay to ski the greens. Dance at the high school beckons Mr. Diva Jr. Frankly a good massage and drink by the fire sounds pretty good to me.

Jen

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
YIKES! One of the worst passes in the US. HOPE your knuckles have regained circulation and gone from white to a more normal color!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga