• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Hunting for a high end insulated ski jacket - roomy XL

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Last season's PowSlayer arrived from Evo. I could definitely wear it, but it's tight in the hips. It's also definitely more of a pure backcountry construction, ultra light weight with no backing on the shell. I already have a (different from all these others we've been discussing) jacket like that, and I don't wear it skiing because it's just a little *too* light weight.

So then the question was whether to keep the Powder Bowl or not. It definitely fits; roomy, even. Plenty of room for layers. I hemmed and hawed, but ultimately I have no idea what Arc'teryx is going to do about the RMA, and I like the Powder Bowl, and I got a screaming deal. So I ripped the tags off. I'll be wearing it tomorrow.
Way to go.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DANGIT!

The Patagonia insulated pants arrived.

They are roomy, crazy roomy, in the waist.

But the legs, while fine when just standing around, are uncomfortable when I raise my knee to waist height.

I think I need to start a new thread for insulated pants ... since apparently insulated bibs ain't happening ...

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I received an Eddie Bauer catalog the other day and their BC ski collection includes bibs. I didn’t read too closely to see if they are insulated or not.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DANGIT!

The Patagonia insulated pants arrived.

They are roomy, crazy roomy, in the waist.

But the legs, while fine when just standing around, are uncomfortable when I raise my knee to waist height.

I think I need to start a new thread for insulated pants ... since apparently insulated bibs ain't happening ...
My powder bowls fit the same, fine standing up but once I bend a knee I feel like I’m gonna bust a seam. I have found that the multi sport brands tend to run more this way and the brands that are made only for skiing are more generous in the thigh and reared. Fly low and burton are both good fit for me. I think they both have bibs, not sure about insulated but definitely insulated pants.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna