• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How much flex?

Mkrathburn

Diva in Training
Hi everyone,
Got back into skiing after many years away and three years ago, I got a new setup of Total Joy skis and bindings. I have large calves (17”) and I needed boots with a more upright stance as I was previously suffering quad fatigue from just standing in my old boots. My boot fitter (apparently the best in the city) put me in MENS Head Advant Edge 125 boots. Love my skis but my boots are wrong. I have a med-wide foot (flat foot) but these have too much volume in the foot and they are so stiff, I can’t flex them at all. I don’t get quad burn from standing in them which was my original concern but now with more upright stance boots, it seems I have more options.

I grew up skiing but with bad knees, I stick to blue and black runs and avoid moguls at all costs. I don’t particularly like going super fast and not really looking to progress other than better technique.

It seems like I should be somewhere around an 80 flex based on my skiing style but I’ve read weight comes into this too. I’m 5’9 about 200 lbs. I don’t want to go too far in the other direction in response to my 125s but walking around the store in 80s was heaven. I can’t even walk around the lodge in my 125s and can’t unbuckle as they are then too loose to walk in.

Would love some suggestions about flex so I can try and get the correct boots.

Jilly

Staff member
Time for a new boot fitter. City or general area so someone can recommend a fitter please?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna