• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How many jacket and pant do you own?

Skidreamer

Certified Ski Diva
Down to 2 jackets and 2 pants atm. I have the same pair of Spyder pants in 2 colours because that style fits me perfectly and I just love them. I sold about 3 jackets last year and am down to 2. Funny that after all the fancy colours and brands I have owned, at present my favourite is a fairly plain purple one I bought for $100. Absolutely in love with it. I realised this one is the one for warmer days, it has vents. My fancy reptile print one is a warmer one with no ventilation under the armpits - which I didn't realise when I bought it online. As gorgeous as it is, it may need to find a new home this season.

EasternCanadaDiva

Certified Ski Diva
@EasternCanadaDiva - if you're looking for a new get up and don't want to spend a fortune, look at Mountain Warehouse. @Jenny DH has a suit from them, as do I. They are out in the Tanger outlet. Also check there base for layer. I picked up a merino bottom for a stupid price. (And they are too big!)
Yes, they are very affordable, but not really stylish though. Maybe I should look more carefully.

Yes, their base layer are very inexpensive. I got a pant and a top on sale, but I mostly use them for sleeping. They are half wool and half something else. No holes like icebreaker, but they are not soft and have lots of lints. The feel to the skin is definitely not comparable to Icebreaker. but hey, no holes, so at least durable.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
I have just one jacket… and it’s got a big hole in it :cry: … I was just saying it’s amazing, I use it for everything over 5 years old. I have multiple ski/snowboard pants but not shell jackets. Ugh. This one is really painful. Need my hand held right now…

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
2 bibs, 1 pair of pants. 1 pair bibs is a little snug, but doable. I mostly keep one pair in regular rotation at a time, but like OPTIONS.

Jilly

Staff member
Oh do i have a tale to tell. I order a pair of pants on line from a company that I love. Pants arrive and as usual way too long for me. So I ask around about a tailor. There is one around the corner. I take the pants in. They measure and I say yes. I pick up said pants on Thursday. Never really looked at them. Went to put them on this morning and no gaiter. The tailor cut the gaiter off!! Well that's kind of important. So, yes I will complain, but I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears. No speak English will be the default. So, another $225, + shipped and HST out of pocket!

K.LoSki

Certified Ski Diva
1 jacket, which I’ve had for a few years now. It has an insulated liner I can zip in and out. I have 2 sets of bibs. My ODR sky tour ascent which I wear on days it’s not snowing, or warmer days and trew primo chariot which are thicker but still just a shell and seem to be more waterproof than the ODR. In the spring usually ditch my jacket and wear just a mid layer, hawaiin shirt or a wind shell jacket thing which is super light.

SnowyO

Certified Ski Diva
I wear the women’s version of Arc’teryx Macai daily. Love it. Cozy down. Layer as temperatures dictate. Soft shell Arc’teryx Ravenna pants which are worn in and also love. It’s a shame they don’t make them anymore and am having a hard time finding a replacement. ☺️

SnowyO

Certified Ski Diva
Oh do i have a tale to tell. I order a pair of pants on line from a company that I love. Pants arrive and as usual way too long for me. So I ask around about a tailor. There is one around the corner. I take the pants in. They measure and I say yes. I pick up said pants on Thursday. Never really looked at them. Went to put them on this morning and no gaiter. The tailor cut the gaiter off!! Well that's kind of important. So, yes I will complain, but I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears. No speak English will be the default. So, another $225, + shipped and HST out of pocket!
Feel your pain. Bit of a peeve for me that pants don’t come in different leg lengths.

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I hope you get something back, but I doubt it will cover the cost of the pants. Sorry to hear this!

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
2 bibs, 3 pants and 3 jackets. I went on a journey after falling in love with skiing last season. I only wear the last ones bought in all those categories and am not looking to purchase again for awhile hopefully.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Feel your pain. Bit of a peeve for me that pants don’t come in different leg lengths.
Some companies do. I have short mammut pants. Love it that they don't get stuck in the binding when I put my skis on.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've made it habit to reach back and do a pull up check on my pants legs after putting on my skis. It feels funny and is a little embarrassing skiing to the lift with your pants stuck in your bindings.
It's even worse when I flex in a turn and the pants pull down

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have 2 pairs of bibs, 2 pairs of ski pants, a shell jacket and a helle hanson and a fly low jacket. Honestly the shell gets most of the use as I prefer layering.

mountainwest

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
3 pants and 3 jackets (plus two retired jackets and one retired pair of pants that I haven't gotten rid of yet, "just in case"). Each in the current rotation is for different conditions.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
3 pants and 3 jackets (plus two retired jackets and one retired pair of pants that I haven't gotten rid of yet, "just in case"). Each in the current rotation is for different conditions.
My just in case is the occasional snowmobile outing. Weeks later the clothes still reek of petrol. Would not want to ski with that smell wafting around as I enjoy the snow.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Too many! I need to either send some to Gear Trade or just list them locally. I have honed down what I love in my clothes and am a pretty big Stio devotee at this time.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna