• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How do Arc'teryx jackets fit???

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
I'm considering buying an Arc'teryx shell. I've found some options on Backcountry.com and their outlet. I've heard they may run small.....when I read their sizing chart and compare it to my measurements, I probably should get a large.

But, I talked to a Backcountry rep and he said that they run smaller than Patagonia jackets. I have a large Patagonia jacket and it's rather trim....I wouldn't want it to be any smaller.

So, I have no idea what size to order.....L or XL? I'm 5'10" with a long torso and long arms. Small boobs! :laugh: But fairly wide shoulders. Help!

altagirl

Staff member
Depends on how much stuff you want to fit under it... I'm 5'9" and a 36D and fit in a Women's Medium. It's definitely not a loose jacket, but I can comfortably put a couple thin liner shirts and a fleece layer under it. I could see getting a Large if you want plenty of room to layer, but I'd really doubt you need an XL.

Not the best picture but you can see the fit pretty well...

Attachments

• Kim and Connie 1.jpg
    Kim and Connie 1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 26

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
5'2", 36C...but, I wear a small (34) VERY comfortably in the Arc'teryx jackets. Mediums are too big for me in the chest and WAY too long in the arms. The only one that I found that runs small across the chest is the Covert..but that's not a shell.

Their jackets have an "athletic" fit, so not baggy.

Check out the reviews on backcountry.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm 5'5 36DDD with a small waist and wide hips, and many of the Arc'teryx jackets I've tried on have been tight in the chest, loose in the waist, tight in the hips. While it takes stretch for things to work for me at all, I felt like some of them were kind of guy cut (broad shoulders, narrow hips), though they were definitely women's. It's worth pointing out that there was variance in cut between the different models, so I wouldn't view Arc'teryx as out of the question for curvy girls, just some of the models were. I like my tops to be long, and I felt that they were generally long enough. Sounds like they'll probably work well with your build (probably in a large).

I think as a general statement they run moderately trim, about the same as Cloudveil.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think they run smaller than Patagonia and Cloudveil, but just a little bit. Longer arms. I'm 5'9" and 34C ... I'm in a small, and it's trim. I couldn't go any smaller. But the medium is just too big in the shoulders for me.

I do wear mediums in the fleeces and tshirts, though. I'm just talking about the shells.

IMG_0305.jpg

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Thank you ladies! Your insight and pictures were a big help! I'm going to try a large, and knowing that it's easy to return stuff to Backcountry.com, I'll order from them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga