• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How cold is too cold?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lilgeorg said:
I talked to my granddaughter last night. She lives and skies in Alaska and was shocked to hear about this discussion since it was minus 30 at her house without the wind chill. She has a great saying from when she was a tot, "If you wait for the weather to be right, you will never do anything!" She misses Okemo and would love to be skiing with the Divas here.
Get that girl to sign up on Ski Diva so she can share these stories!

Kris, that day at crystal........I was there. I remember my nephew was having a celebration of some sort and invited friends/family up there for food and fun........My parents showed up and paid for a motel room near the base of Cheers so we could all have a place to go and warm up . Mostly I think my mom was just being a Mom.
That was an awesome day indeed!

Jilly

Staff member
Well today was the coldest I've skied this year. Clear, cold and a little wind. Tremblant being Tremblant in January. I think it was -18 Cel at the top, don't know the wind chill. Plus they were blowing snow everywhere. We'd do 2 runs and in, 3 runs then in. Lunch was 1 1/2 hr today because we ran into a friend we hadn't seen since last season. It was too cold to go back out. I'm starting to think about boot heaters or boot gloves.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga