• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Help with possible Thanksgiving skiing

lulu

Certified Ski Diva
Our family just moved to Pittsburgh, PA from TX and we're quite excited that we finally get to ski without having to fly. We know it's a little ambitious but we would love to find a way to ski over Thanksgiving if possible. Does anyone know of any resorts that typically are able to open for this time of year consistently? I realize that no one can predict what the weather will do and if temps will allow for snowmaking, but I am looking to be pointed in the right direction of resorts that would be more likely to be open. We are open to a drive of up to 6 hours and ideally would love to stay somewhere where there is lots to do (and not too small a mountain). I know what we are looking for may not exist, but I figured this is the best place to find out! :thumbsup:

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Depending on which side of Pittsburgh you live on, Seven Springs is about 2 hours on the Pa Turnpike , exit at Somerset. We used to travel to Pgh for Thanksgiving from Phila and about half the time Seven Springs would have good conditions. Seven Springs is a year round resort and if you plan to stay at Seven Springs it can get a little pricey but offers swimming pools, bowling, activities for kids, and good food.
You could check with them for current rates. My info is at least 8 years old.

Now if you want to add more time to your trip for better results, most ski areas in Vermont are open for Thanksgiving but the travel time would be more like 10 hours by car.

Hope there is a ton of snow by then and Seven Springs gets a dump.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga