• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Heavenly for beginners?

Jumpymostly

Diva in Training
Hi. I really want to go to Heavenly this winter, but 2 people in my group are beginners that only ski greens and from the trail map it doesn't look like there are many easy runs. The website says 20% beginner, so that should be like 18 trails, but I don't see them. Anyone know if there is enough beginner terrain to keep them busy for 3 or 4 days? Suggestions of some easy blues would be welcome, too. They might be willing to try them, but I'm not sure. Maybe if we spent one of the days at Sierra or Kirkwood?
Thanks!

Bing

Angel Diva
I skied Heavenly two seasons ago and the greems are somewhat limited, particularly on the California Side, I much prefer the Nevada side.

If you take the Gondola up there is the Easy Street Green, but it is short and it would be a waste just to ski that run at Heavenly.

I really like the Olympic Downhill, it is a Blue, but a gentle, wide blue in my opinion, and I"m a nervous Nelly Blue skier. The "difficulty" I suppose lies in getting to that run as you have to go up the Tamarack Express and take Comet down to Cross Over - I think that Comet was narrow and a bit steeper at the top than a green person would be comfortable with, cross over is a narrow flatish trail from what I recall that just cuts accross the mountain.

Other than that, I can't recall anything that pops out as easy at Heavenly.

Part of the reason I like the Nevada side is that there are fewer boarders there and it is much quieter than California.

Enjoy !

CAdreaming

Certified Ski Diva
I live in N. CA and I am a beginner skiier myself.
I skied and took ski lessons at the Heavenly during last season because my DH who is an expert/advance skiier had a season pass for Heavely.
Heavenly is a great place to ski for good Intermediate skiers and up.
However, they have very limited and short beginner runs.
But if you and other non-beginner want to ski at Heavenly, the begineer skiiers may want to ski at Sierrra-at- Tahoe that is nearby.
This is another ski resort at So Lake Tahoe and they have several long good beginner runs.
Heavenly and Sierra-at-Tahoe are close to each other.
So, you can all stay together at the same place and just ski at different resorts.
Or you can rotate where you ski. - One day at Heavenly and one day at Sierra-at-Tahoe.
https://www.sierraattahoe.com/

Ski Spirit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I also have a pass for Heavenly. Not super great for beginner beginners. There is actually more on the CA side than on the Nevada side though for beginners --Patsy's, Maggie's and Mambo is probably advanced beginner. Easy Street is the only green run off the gondola (Nevada) and its short and packed with people. Also agree, though, that CA side greens tend to be packed with snowboarders. Olympic Downhill on the Nevada side is a great blue run -- but I wouldn't advise it for beginners (and getting there would be tough for them as mentioned).
Sierra at Tahoe is a good spot for beginners--a lot more green terrain. Kirkwood probably has the most gentle set of green trails in the area. Overall, though, I agree Sierra at Tahoe would be the best spot for beginners.
If your beginner friends want to ski at Heavenly, I would advise lessons.....$120/all day group lesson. Actually lessons are a great idea no matter what--at Sierra I think they're closer to $85/group lesson.
Hope that helps you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna