• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Health & Fitness Tip of the Day

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sounds like the guy was standing on the ball - wow, talk about difficult. I too have tried to stand on the ball, holding onto a bookcase, which should be easy, right? But no no no no no - it's seemingly impossible. I guess learning to stand on it comes some time after learning to kneel on the ball, but I suspect there might be some steps in between as well. Daily practice, daily practice, daily practice.

There's this great little book titled "Mastery" by George Leonard. He talks about achieving mastery in a discipline, and how difficult that is. He analyzes the path to mastery and its pitfalls, and does a great job nurturing his readers towards the right mindfulness that will keep them on the path despite the inevitable failures. I recommend this book to anyone trying to do something that seems way out of their reach ---------- such as tucking and hopping on top of an exercise ball!

eng_ch

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
One of our standard Pilates exercises is to lie on our backs with feet on a ball and then lift our hips, the easy version being with hands on the floor, the next level being lifting forearms off the floor and the difficiult version (which I can't quite manage yet) being not to have arms on the floor at all. Great for core strength and balance in one go

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga