• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Heading to Big Sky in a few weeks...

SashaJo

Certified Ski Diva
And suggestions? I'm a solid green skier. We'll be there for a week so I'm hoping to check out as many runs as I can. Will also try some EASY blues - so all suggestions are welcome and APPRECIATED!!

Stick with the 4 runs off the Southern Comfort lift for starters. They are green but are plenty interesting and nice and long, and that's also a high speed lift. The first time I went to Big Sky I was a brand new skier and I found that area and stuck to it!

They don't do a lot of grooming, so take a powder lesson if it dumps. In the early afternoon there are group lessons with no more then 3 people per lesson and it's very reasonably priced.

I just love Big Sky, have a wonderful time.

SashaJo

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks!

Appreciate the info. We only ski once a year - for a week. I usually take a lesson the first day to get my feet back under me. Have skied powder a few times, but might be worth considering a lesson on it.

Cheers - and thanks!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SNWL gives solid advice. You're going to love BigSky!

If you take a lesson, ask for Ursula!

Book Ursula in advance, she's a master coach and is very busy, she's fabulous.

You may find that the greens give you enough challenge at Big Sky. There are black diamond runs in Southern Vermont that are easier than some of the green runs at Big Sky. :D

SashaJo

Certified Ski Diva
Excellent! Thanks for the info!!

My crowning moment in powder to date:
Husband, bless his black diamond skiing heart, came down off the top of the mountains in Telluride 2 years ago to ski with his green-run loving wife. By the end of each week we ski (once a year) my parallel turns look good and I am comfortable turning pretty tightly (if that makes sense). He advised that all of my actions be gentle as we were about to hit powder. No sharp turning, let the powder do the work to slow me down, etc. Well, just because I heard him doesn't mean that it sunk in. Took me wiping out in a glorious manner, trailing skis and poles behind me, to get his point. Glad it was nice, soft snow...lol..... We laughed over the whole thing and he again pointed out what not to do in powder. The rest of my day with him went very well. (To be clear, he and I don't ski together but for a few hours each trip. The first time I went skiing I was with a group that included hubby and his parents. All agreed that a lesson - several days actually - was thye only way for me to learn to ski. That was a Snowmass and the teacher was nicknamed Tuna, if I recall. I owe all of my ski skills to him and the work he did with me for three days!)

Skisailor

Angel Diva
Heading to Big Sky for a March 4 - 15th trip.

Can't wait!! Just wondering if anyone can give a sense of the snow season they've had and how conditions are at present.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga