• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Head Joy Poll

Are you a Head Joy fan?*

• Own or demoed 2 or more Joy models; love all

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Own or demoed 2 or more Joys; love one, meh on the other

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Own or demoed 1 Joy; love it

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Thinking of pulling the trigger on a Joy

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lucky me got 3 seats to myself so elevated knee on both flights (Geneva to London - 2 hrs) and (London to San Jose - 10 1/2 hrs)...
We should try to meet up... There is a thread for Conditions Reports - Tahoe...Check it out .
Amazing that you got three seats! That is ideal! It would be fun to meet up sometime. I'm actually in Tahoe City with my daughter right now. We'll be skiing Alpine or Squaw. It will be slushy, but she's just in California this week for Spring Break.I'll check out the conditions report, thanks!

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sadly just standing got tangled up with 2 other skiers yesterday and was snowmobiled out. Bindings did not release and fell forward in a snowplow not even skiing.

Ouch! This certainly has been the year for stubborn bindings. Since there's no specific culprit identified, I hope the injury just resolves itself.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Ouch! This certainly has been the year for stubborn bindings. Since there's no specific culprit identified, I hope the injury just resolves itself.
Thank you.....I hope so . Pain is in weird place like right below my knee in the shin area and behind the knee. So far no ibuprofen today and sleeping like a baby at night.... so tired from all the traveling , but it was so much fun...

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Amazing that you got three seats! That is ideal! It would be fun to meet up sometime. I'm actually in Tahoe City with my daughter right now. We'll be skiing Alpine or Squaw. It will be slushy, but she's just in California this week for Spring Break.I'll check out the conditions report, thanks!
Hope my season isn't over... I'm getting better every day but you never know.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Oh no, so sorry to hear. How scary! That's a relief that the X-rays were okay.

How are you feeling today? Glad you were having a blast until then at least. Fingers crossed for a smooth and fast recovery.
Thank you... I'm getting better but still limping a bit. I'm home now and it was a wonderful trip..

Christy

Angel Diva
We're in Sun Valley for a long weekend and I knew I'd need good groomer/hardpack skis, so I reserved a pair of Total Joys from a great little shop in town called PK's. They told me they're selling off their demo fleet but they would put them aside and not let anyone buy them so that I could use them this weekend. I really liked them on the extremely variable conditions here, and my husband noticed they have the real bindings, not demo bindings, and that they are in pristine shape. So we stopped by the shop to ask if I could buy that pair and how much it would be. The owner said how does $499 sound? Well that sounded perfect. It turns out the owner is also very particular about taking care of skis and he asked me to bring them back in so he could make sure they were perfect, and then he would ship them to me which also means I don't have to pay tax. Yay!

Jenny

Angel Diva
We're in Sun Valley for a long weekend and I knew I'd need good groomer/hardpack skis, so I reserved a pair of Total Joys from a great little shop in town called PK's. They told me they're selling off their demo fleet but they would put them aside and not let anyone buy them so that I could use them this weekend. I really liked them on the extremely variable conditions here, and my husband noticed they have the real bindings, not demo bindings, and that they are in pristine shape. So we stopped by the shop to ask if I could buy that pair and how much it would be. The owner said how does $499 sound? Well that sounded perfect. It turns out the owner is also very particular about taking care of skis and he asked me to bring them back in so he could make sure they were perfect, and then he would ship them to me which also means I don't have to pay tax. Yay!
Not only do you not have to pay tax but you don't have to schlep them through the airport!

Christy

Angel Diva
Since I didn't bring my skis I didn't bring a ski bag, so really it was the only way. Now I just have to get the UPS driver to hide them on the side of the house so they don't get stolen off my front porch.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Since I didn't bring my skis I didn't bring a ski bag, so really it was the only way. Now I just have to get the UPS driver to hide them on the side of the house so they don't get stolen off my front porch.
I'm thinking of ordering either the Great Joy or the Black Crows Camox Birdie. Can't decide which one yet but issue is I live half block from the beach and don't want skis sitting on front porch... Will probably ship to business address.

Jilly

Staff member
Had quite a talk with our local Head rep on Saturday. He was at the Canadian Nationals. Check out facebook....24hrJoy

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Had quite a talk with our local Head rep on Saturday. He was at the Canadian Nationals. Check out facebook....24hrJoy
You ordered the Atomic 95C W right? Think I saw that in another thread. Did you try the Head Great Joy? Probably not great for eastern skiing but good for your Whistler trips.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

If you create a UPS My Choice account you can have them re-directed to a UPS store for delivery then pick them up at your convenience. I've started doing that with high value shipments, especially since my packages are often mis-delivered to a wrong address.

Jilly

Staff member
I don't have access to Head skis. I know the rep's wife from social media stuff. Yes I ordered the Atomics. I live 4 blocks from the Canadian warehouse. The rep thinks that Tremblant might let them in for their demo's next year as the rental fleet is changing to Head. If so, I'll be trying.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yaay, you bought them!!
One of these days, we'll actually SKI together at SV, and not just chat for a few minutes! Glad we left early, as my man friend's Grandma passed away this morning, so going to see her last night was the right call for sure. She was 95--what a life!

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Christy Awesome! So glad you tried them. Congrats on your Joys! How much longer will you be at SV, btw?

My SO is there now (until Tuesday afternoon). If you happen to bump into a tall guy with bright red/orange Blizzard Bonafides, red Nordica Speed Machine boots, black pants and black helmet, and a Mountain Hardwear blue jacket, ask him if he's from Virginia and if his initials are GP. (Well, don't ask him on the lift -- he might fall off! lol)

Stranger things have happened. Too bad I didn't realize you were there sooner.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Christy

Angel Diva
@va_deb we flew home last night but funny, my husband also skis Bonafides and he always notices the others that do.

Yaay, you bought them!!
One of these days, we'll actually SKI together at SV, and not just chat for a few minutes! Glad we left early, as my man friend's Grandma passed away this morning, so going to see her last night was the right call for sure. She was 95--what a life!

Oh gosh I'm glad you guys were able to get back in time!

Christy

Angel Diva
If you create a UPS My Choice account you can have them re-directed to a UPS store for delivery then pick them up at your convenience. I've started doing that with high value shipments, especially since my packages are often mis-delivered to a wrong address.

I didn't know about that--I'll have to do that before Xmas season when the package thieves are out in force and the Amazon lockers are full. We are very friendly with our UPS guy and I know I'll see him this evening as I'm dog walking and he's careening around the 'hood, so I'll just ask him to put them in the backyard when they come. Sorry @vickie they won't be making a layover at your house. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna