• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Have One Day at Vail, Where to Ski?

Mistletoes

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We’re heading to Vail tomorrow morning for the first time. We’re planning to park at Lionshead. DH, DS and DD can ski the whole mtn, I like groomers. We’re thinking the Back Bowls but see it’s quite a trip from LH. Any suggestions that won’t kill our legs? This will be day 2 of 4 days in a row of skiing and we’re from the east and still adjusting to altitude. Today and days 3&4 will be at Beaver Creek.

Mistletoes

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Welp we executed the plan and went over to the back bowls. Vis was low and lightly snowing. We worked our way to the bowls via born free express to Avanti to Mountaintop Express. Went into the bowls looking for Red Zinger (missed it) and ended up on Emperors Choice to Sweet and Sour. This was dicey with lots of moguls and steep pitches. We eventually saw lift 21 (Orient Express) and took it to Poppyfields East. At this point the clouds parted and the views were incredible. Took some of the most fun turns of the year on Poppyfields. Did that run again, lunched at Two Elk Lodge and headed back to the frontside. Worked toward Lionshead and took Born Free as our last run, I enjoyed this run but my legs were tired by the time we got to the base. Overall good day. I’ll have to add Blue Sky Basin to my list for the next time!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga