• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Has anyone tried a heated vest?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I have heated mittens (Chaval SuperNova's, which are terrific) and heated ski boots (Hotronics). So I'm intrigued by heated vests. Anyone try one? What was your experience?

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I have heated mittens (Chaval SuperNova's, which are terrific) and heated ski boots (Hotronics). So I'm intrigued by heated vests. Anyone try one? What was your experience?
I haven't tried one myself, but one of my golf buddies had one on last wk to play in chilly weather. It has 3 different heat settings, and heats the chest, the back, and the collar. We all took turns feeling her back, and it definitely was toasty. She said she loves it, and was very comfortable playing in the 55-57° weather. I've been looking at heated jackets/sweaters, because I get cold in the arms more than the core.

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
A fellow coach has one and loves it. It definitely is an Ororo. Not sure which model.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
My core is always warm. Its my dang arms that get cold. I may try my cycling arm warmers this year.
Revisiting this topic from last season...I've been reading more and more positive reviews of various heated jackets, vests, etc, and seriously considering getting a light heated jacket to replace my fleece sweater, and maybe being able to ditch a base layer, as well. I, too, have hesitated because my arms get cold more than my core, but I've discovered one company, Debwu (on Amazon) that makes heated jackets that have coils in the arms, as well, like this:

1666904448017.png
I was wondering if anyone has actually tried using something like this as I've described.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Revisiting this topic from last season...I've been reading more and more positive reviews of various heated jackets, vests, etc, and seriously considering getting a light heated jacket to replace my fleece sweater, and maybe being able to ditch a base layer, as well. I, too, have hesitated because my arms get cold more than my core, but I've discovered one company, Debwu (on Amazon) that makes heated jackets that have coils in the arms, as well, like this:

View attachment 19443
I was wondering if anyone has actually tried using something like this as I've described.

Omigosh, you must be reading my mind! I just ordered a fleece heated vest from Ororo. They have down ones, too, but since I wear an insulated jacket, I thought that'd be too much. I'll let you know what I think. They sell heated jackets too.

BTW, they're having a 25% off Anniversary sale now!

Last edited:

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Omigosh, you must be reading my mind! I just ordered a fleece heated vest from Ororo. They have down ones, too, but since I wear an insulated jacket, I thought that'd be too much. I'll let you know what I think. They sell heated jackets too.

BTW, they're having a 25% off Anniversary sale now!
Ororo is definitely popular, but again, I think I need heat in the sleeves, as well, which is why I'm looking at the Dewbu jacket I posted above. They're having a sale on their website, with free shipping, but the price is the same as on Amazon.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Ororo is definitely popular, but again, I think I need heat in the sleeves, as well, which is why I'm looking at the Dewbu jacket I posted above. They're having a sale on their website, with free shipping, but the price is the same as on Amazon.
Very cute, I like both colors. Will be interested in hearing how you like it if you try it out.

Patronainthe801

Certified Ski Diva
I was gifted a Milwaukee one from a sales rep, which is very warm, but the battery is very bulky and annoying. Granted it is designed for construction professionals...not skiers, though it is not uncommon for me to see men in them at my home mountain in the ski line, with just a sweater underneath and the vest on top. It would be great if you are an east coast skier on those bitter cold days, but for out here in the west, I felt it was a bit much. I love my shoulders not feeling constricted though, and would say I like the vest option better than the jacket.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Yes, if it was bulky it would also annoy me, but the ones I've been seeing and looking at onlne are slim-fitting. There are many moels -- some are meant as stand-alone coats or parkas, while others are vests or light jackets. That's what I'm considering - something to replace my bulky fleece sweater and maybe a base-layer (when it's really cold I wear two base-layer tops and the fleece sweater under my ski parka).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga