• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Hand protection advice

judes

Diva in Training
Hiya!

Heading to the slopes in 2 weeks, and my husband had a bike accident one week ago and broke the bone on the little finger side of one hand. (He is a snowboarder not a skier so he would tend to land on hands more)... Doc said it will take 4 weeks to heal fully.

Any advice re splints/bandages that he could wear to protect the area? (It's the spot you'd use for a karate chop) Can't see anything on the Net, he will ask the doc but I thought I'd run it past you Divas :smile:

All the commercial splints I can see stop right in the crucial area as they're designed more for wrists/thumbs...

Any ideas???

cwmscm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a sprained thumb. The doctors at the mountain were nice enough to put a cast on my mitten to stabilize the thumb. Maybe a doctor could do that for your hub.l

altagirl

Staff member
I've fit various splints in my gloves/mittens before, but they were always something custom that my doctor made for the injury.

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a sprained thumb. The doctors at the mountain were nice enough to put a cast on my mitten to stabilize the thumb. Maybe a doctor could do that for your hub.l

not to hijack the thread, but could you send/post a pic of that? I also have a sprained thumb that's not progressing as I would like it to.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna