• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Grand Targhee -- Jan 8-10, 2010

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DH and I are loading up the car (well, right, I am loading the car) so that we can hop a bus over to "The Ghee" this afternoon. This will be our third annual visit with a group of folks from his office.

We enjoy it every year: we're pretty much always guaranteed powder, and it's been dumping there this week. Forecast is for sun tomorrow, so we'll have a bluebird kind of day! THAT will be a first -- we seem to always be there when it's snowing!:snow:

This is a resort that I can't believe I don't see more of you talking about ---

Here's a link to their photos

And their videos

This year, we're lucking into demo days on Saturday and Sunday. We should get to try all kinds of new toys!

Wait a minute, maybe I didn't want y'all to see the photos and videos they put up -- now it will get crowded!

(WE never get pix of our own. DH won't "waste time" taking them, and he gives me the evil eye when I try to take pix. TOMORROW, we're taking pix, if indeed we're enjoying the rare bluebird day!!!)

Karen in Boise

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a short list of Mountains I want to ski in the US before I start making a list abroad, ...
Grand Targhee is most definitely on my radar.

Among others is Jackson Hole
Mad River Glen
Telluride
Vail
Snowbasin
Snowbird
Alta
Heavenly

But Grand Targhee is mosdef at the top of that list!

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There. Dropped the dog off at the kennel, picked up DH's new glasses, and found MY new book to read on the bus. His, no luck.

Guess what my seven hour bus ride book to read is?

(it MIGHT get preferred status over the sock knitting project!)

Karen in Boise

SkiBam

Angel Diva
We skied one day at Grand Targhee two years ago as part of our package to Jackson Hole. And LOVED it! Enjoy - I'm jealous!

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's early morning after our long ride in. I decided to save "Double Black" for a quieter time than the bus.

We are staying in the Targhee Lodge this year, which is smaller than the Teewinot Lodge we've stayed in on previous visits. That's okay since we are not here for the room! BUT, the pillows and blankets are every bit as cozy as in the "nicer" lodge. I only lasted four chapters ...

I'll miss the hottub down the hall feature, but I've had my hands in the snow. It's perfect! Here's hoping all my falls are fun!

Karen away from Boise

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga