• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

GoreTex that FITS larger Divas!!!

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just have to share the fact that the North Col GoreTex Pro Jacket from LL Bean ROCKS! It actually fits my 5'5" 190+ big-hipped body with plenty of room for layers, yet it still has a nice shape. It also falls below my bum, which I've discovered is key for warmth. I am THRILLED. (It's also about $200 less than ArcTeryx.) I could complain about the fact that there are only 2 color choices, but I love the blue (it's even more bluebird sky blue than the picture below), and that is what I got. The hood fits my helmet perfectly, there are 5 pockets plus an internal mesh open pocket, and it has pit zips. Every box checked off. It's a combination of hard shell material plus certain areas with some stretch for comfort, but ALL Goretex.

Kudos to LL Bean--they are making outerwear for us larger folk, and it is greatly appreciated. My SO just bought a down puffy and lighter synthetic jacket, and they fit him great too (he is a big guy). They get that bigger people like to be active too! (Yes, I wrote a review for them.)

I'll add to this once I use it, but I have a good feeling about this jacket.

(She's a lot younger and thinner, but you get the idea.)
1553117649163.png

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna