• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Goodbye mobility!

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, it's a great day at Sunday River today - not super crowded. I've just done 3 days of lessons with another this morning. I was on my favourite black trail doing drills and I stopped hard (practicing aggressive stance hockey stops on steeps) and BOOM I was down. Left knee exploding in pain.

I limped down the slope to get to the lodge where I had all my gear - basically skiing on one foot.

I can bear weight and straighten the leg without difficulty but stairs were a B*&ch!

After dancing for so many years, I know my knees and I am out for at least 3 or 4 days. I have strained, stretched and twisted my LCL too many times to not recognize the symptoms. Just when we're getting 14" of snow too!!!

Cross you fingers for me that I can continue to bear weight - if I can then I'll be okay but when that stops...it's lights out for me.

Home for RICE now and lots of vitamin I.

NannyMin

Banned
Jeepers Divas! What's going on around here? Is there something in the "water"?

Best wishes for a speedy recovery atlantiqueen!

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
thanks gals

It was such a random (read all my stupid fault) accident. My left leg was downhill as I made the stop and it just seemed to arrest. So my forward momentum continued down but my leg was already stopped. It wouldn't have happened if I had been skiing properly but I was lazy after lunch and totally in the backseat sitting over the back of my bindings instead of where I should have been.

There's no swelling and the pain in moderate but I've got to take it easy for a couple days for sure.

Where's that skidiva pool boy when you need him??:Cry: :Cry: :Cry:

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh man, atlantiqueen! So sorry to hear that. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

fatoots

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
thanks gals

It was such a random (read all my stupid fault) accident. My left leg was downhill as I made the stop and it just seemed to arrest. So my forward momentum continued down but my leg was already stopped. It wouldn't have happened if I had been skiing properly but I was lazy after lunch and totally in the backseat sitting over the back of my bindings instead of where I should have been.

There's no swelling and the pain in moderate but I've got to take it easy for a couple days for sure.

Where's that skidiva pool boy when you need him??:Cry: :Cry: :Cry:

Oh man. And tomorrow's going to be a powder day for sure. I'll cry with you. I am definitely skiing with care there this weekend!:eek:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. What is it with Maine????

Maybe you should have that checked out??? By a doctor????

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow. What is it with Maine????

Maybe you should have that checked out??? By a doctor????

I've done this kind of thing before in other sports and I'm fairly confident it's a mild stretch/sprain of the LCL. I'm also a qualified urban and wilderness medical tech so pretty familiar with this type of injury. BUT if I am still in pain or lacking mobility after an evening of RICE and ibuprofen then yes, I will see an MD.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
GOOD!

I just brought it up out of concern, you know.

Take care of yourself. Hope it's nothing serious!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
:eek: :eek: :eek: :faint:
OH NO, AQ, NOT YOU TOO!!!
SOOOOO sorry to read this! Will shoot you an email asap. Just got back on the site after doing some other stuff (slowly) and YIKES!
Listen, you take care of yourself, friend. WE NEED YOU.

I don't drink, but what the hey - let's go get DRUNK.
Healing thoughts -
MSL

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
p.s. What kind of knee brace might you like? We're about the same size, and I have possibly every kind and strength of brace ever manufactured.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ok you guys, stop that!!!!! :nono:

No more injuries allowed. We're at our quota.

Take care of yourself!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Yep, she's in Maine til around mid-March, THEN has a trip to Park City!! Talked to her by phone, and we commiserated on our respective mishaps. We are motivating one another to GET BETTER :smile:

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh man! Wishing you a speedy recovery so your trip to shred PC isn't delayed!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Responsible?? :confused: Nah, I think you thus far are vying for the Diva Injury of the Ski Season award!! AQ and I are just tweaked - not even CLOSE to what you've been through! :eek: How are you doing?? That was one major injury and fix - and will be a long rehab. Told DH about it and he totally winced (guys can't handle gore, blood and pain, no matter what they say they watch on tv & movies). AQ's deep in the acute stage, I'm just an old whiner, mine's 3 days ago - you're the one with The True Biggie.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga