• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Good luck itri!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Itri has her first race of the season on Sunday, the Platte River Half Marathon. It looks like it could be a little interesting with 6-12 inches of snow expected here in Denver tomorrow. She'll need quick feet and some dry socks and shoes at the finish for sure! I'll be cheering from my bike itri!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good luck! I know you're going to kick butt, itri!!!!!!!

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Aw, thanks, ladies! It's appreciated!

Can you run in snow boots? :noidea:

Good luck, itri!
:ROTF: I've got snowshoes if necessary!

The weather is not looking so good right now. I've got yak trax if I need them, though. They're supposed to be posting weather updates on the race website throughout tomorrow and early Sunday morning. I'm just hoping the snow moves in early enough that they have enough time to get the course cleared.

Ah well, I wasn't really going to try for a PR anyway! :becky:

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, the blizzard was a bust, which was a very good thing for the race, if not for our snowpack/drought conditions! I did wake up to an inch or so of fresh snow this morning, with some ice underneath, but it was mostly gone by race time. Conditions on the course were pretty good, mostly just a little wet with occasional snow/slush.

It was pretty cold at the start, so I huddled in my car as long as I could before meeting up with a friend from my online running group. It was so awesome to have someone to run with! The first six miles or so absolutely flew by, just chatting away. It was actually pretty warm once we got running, but I was lucky enough to have a friend come and cheer for me, so I was able to toss a couple of layers to her as we ran by. My legs felt pretty good until after 10 miles (which was the longest training run I did, so it totally makes sense) and then they started fading. I told my friend to go on around 11 since I could tell I was holding her back. The really rough part was at mile 12.25ish when the course comes off the trail and goes up an overpass across the interstate over to the finish line. I had to walk most of the hill up the overpass but was able to pick it back up into the finish line.

I finished with an official time of 2:14:24 (not chip-timed, actually closer to 2:13), which I'm very happy with. I did this same race last year in 2:20ish with some GI issues so it was probably about the same. I'm not back to where I was before my surgery, but at least I'm back to where I was last year at this time!

ScottishGirlie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well done you - think that is a superb effort!

Hope you managed a nice long lie in a very warm and bubbly bath afterwards!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yay!
I'm continually impressed with your enthusiasm for tri's and inspired by your passion!
When's the next one?

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ha, no warm bath...I took an ice bath! And then a nice hot shower after to warm up, but if I don't ice bath after a long run, I can't walk the next day!

Next races will probably be the Cherry Creek Sneak 5 miler at the end of April and the Bolder Boulder 10k on Memorial Day, then tri season will start up in June! :becky:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nice job itri! It's maddening though when you have to end with a nice hill and I would've ended up walking it too. See you at the Bolder Boulder!

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
good going, thanks for sharing and keep up the good work. :clap::clap::clap:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna