• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Good car/SUV for getting to the mountain

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Another Subaru owner here. '02 Legacy Wagon, 150K+ miles and hasn't missed a beat. 4 seasons in upstate New York, and one season so far here in the Rockies. With snow tires, it will go anywhere with confidence. :thumbsup:

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So I am going to go test drive a Subaru outback and the Forrester tomorrow. I checked out the Suzukis yesterday and actually liked the Grand Vitara quite a bit.

Have to see what we can afford though.

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, went for a test drive and ended up driving home with an '07 Subaru outback sport.

Its manual, and have not driven a manual car in about 10-11 years. The test drive was amuzing.

Calgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congratulations on your new car Sheena.....I recently got an 07 Honda Civic 4 dr and love it ! I think it will be fine for getting the skis and stuff to the hill once I put the Thule rack and box on top. All models of Subaru and Honda are 100% recommended by Consumer Reports magazine. Reliability and safety ratings are excellent. I am seriously thinking about getting four winter tires on rims....for my trips to the mountains!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Well, went for a test drive and ended up driving home with an '07 Subaru outback sport.

Its manual, and have not driven a manual car in about 10-11 years. The test drive was amuzing.

Congratulations, Sheena, and welcome to the Subaru Drivers Club! Wishing you many happy, safe trips in your new car. The shifting will come back quickly; it's like riding a bike.
bike.gif

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Welcome to the Subie club! You are going to love driving through snow now!

Greeley

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You'll love your Subaru. We've had one since 2003 and have decide that we will never be without one.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good deal

You will love that car. Post a pic so those of us with older ones can get envy! At least tell us what color, I need to live vicariously, I can't upgrade at least until the seasons over. That is if I still want money left to ski.

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You will love that car. Post a pic so those of us with older ones can get envy! At least tell us what color, I need to live vicariously, I can't upgrade at least until the seasons over. That is if I still want money left to ski.

So far having a good time with it. Here are a few pics:

NewCar1.jpg

NewCar2.jpg

violetx3g3

Certified Ski Diva
I have a Ford Expedition that is going on 5 years, it has never had any mechanical breakdown in anything.
Runs great, I love it. I have sun roof, great sound system, we've taken it to Colorado in the winter (from MICH), gone out west to Yellowstone, Florida, Boston, NY (many times) back and forth. It's been everywhere. It is a gas guzzler, but worth it. It fits 7 plus the driver comfortably with seat belts. Can't be beat for a great family vehicle. I've had 2 minivans, a honda accord, Toyota Celica and VW, this has been an excellent car for my family and I would buy again in a heartbeat.

retromaven

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love my 2007 GMC Acadia in the snow, got it early last Feb. Can't wait to throw my new gear in there and go! It's a great car. Like being in a Jet Blue inside (roomy jet), nice upgraded interior, car/crossover base, GMC truck properties without the harsh SUV/Truck ride seats 7/8 and is a superior snow performer with self adjusting AWD. This car would rock for a large ski family. I also have a Toyota Matrix that tracks great in the snow too...

That being said, two of my cousins live in VT, and they both are in the Subaru club.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga