• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Good bootfitter/ski shop in or around Montréal?

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I checked the pinned threads but there's not much there for this little region of the world. Anyone had any good experiences lately? I moved here recently so i don't know what's good, just thinking in advance! Closer to winter, I'm looking to get some bindings replaced on my skis (i want this tyrolia protectors haha), and also some very minor bootwork done on existing boots.

Thanks!

Jilly

Staff member
I think @SkiBam has used the Austrian Ski Shop before and also the shop at Mont Habitant. I'm text her to join this discussion.

And let me/us know where you might be skiing this winter!!

SkiBam

Angel Diva
I've never used Austrian Ski Shop though I know many people who have and say it's good. My last at least four pairs of boots have come from the shop at Mont Habitant. They have served me extremely well.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you!!

As for skiing this winter, I'm not exactly sure where yet, I may or may not end up buying any season passes (not sure if I'll have a car) but I'll try to give some of the eastern townships mountains a go (they're marginally closer to me) and get to Tremblant at least once if possible :smile: also down for any non-skiing diva meetups around in/around the Montreal area if people are swinging by!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Welcome to the eastern seaboard! Does this mean you’ll be joining us at Jay Peak this year?

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Welcome to the eastern seaboard! Does this mean you’ll be joining us at Jay Peak this year?
Thank you, I'm happy to be here! Not impressed by the summer so far but the rest of the seasons were great and I'm really looking forward to my first northeast autumn!

Looking into the Jay Peak trip... I'd love to but I don't think I'll have any annual leave at that time, I used it all up already on a two week trip to Europe last month, too excited about being on the East Coast and Europe being right there :love: (instead of 35+ hours away!) and I don't think my allocation renews until April or May next year, gotta check that :confused:

Thinking about it though... I maaay be able to swing a day or two, I accumulate overtime hours/time in lieu occasionally and I'll have to see how I'm doing on that front closer to the time :smile: it's really very close to me so it's very tempting, only a couple hours drive, I could totally rent a car and come hang out for a couple days if I have the leave....!

In conclusion, I'll do my best and I'll keep an eye on the trip planning threads :smile:

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What an exciting move! I can't recommend anyone specifically for bootfitting, as I have only been to Montreal once, around a decade ago, but I remember it being a great city.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna