• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Golf Club Travel Bag

MissySki

Angel Diva
What travel bag or case do you use when flying with your golf clubs? When I fly with skis I always use a Sportube, and get more dings/scratches/gauges every time which keeps validating that choice.. so I do tend to like a lot of protection when flying.

marzNC

Angel Diva
When I flew a few times with my husband to Florida for a timeshare vacation, we would each only take 6-7 clubs, plus a putter. I was a beginner and he was . . . not that good either. We got a soft case with wheels. I learned to use a towel to pad the clubs and to keep them in place. We didn't have covers for the irons.

Our golf travel bag is shaped like the Ping in these review articles for 2023.

Jilly

Staff member
We use a hard cased golf bag to send our dragon boat paddles to competitions we have to fly to. It on wheels and folds open.

Rainbow Jenny

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have flown to Hawaii and Ireland with a golf travel bag a few times 15-20 years ago. Nothing super fancy since it just covers my golf bag with shoulder straps, but definitely with wheels. I returned to golfing last summer after a long hiatus but only played 9 holes this summer. Hiking and mountain biking took up most of the time.

I'm much pickier with my ski travel bag, love the Thule snowboard bag with wheels I've taken to Hokkaido several times with numerously weekly train/shuttle rides, but I may have outgrown the snowboard length with my skis... may need to start shopping again.

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I fly with my clubs regularly - zero issues except one time I found an extra shoe in the external pocket of my bag:goodluck:
Soft sided padded Club Glove bag with Bag Boy backbone. I take my driver head off and carry that in my carry on. I put my woods close to the backbone and wrap in a towel, then put on the raincover before putting everything in the travel bag. I find that TSA will move things around if I put clothing around my clubs, but if I only have golf items, they won’t touch my set up. Don’t fly with anything that is irreplaceable - I game with a limited edition putter that I leave at home on trips and use a regular putter that I can easily replace if lost or damaged. To me, the key is to get a bag that’s the right size for your clubs, just like how ski bags have different lengths, golf bags come in different sizes. I personally find hard cases unnecessary and they take up too much space. All my clubs (like skis) are replaceable except for a few limited edition putter/skis that I will never travel with.1EC281FF-2A3A-4CD9-8067-D16CB5583020.jpeg

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva
I fly with my clubs regularly - zero issues except one time I found an extra shoe in the external pocket of my bag:goodluck:
Soft sided padded Club Glove bag with Bag Boy backbone. I take my driver head off and carry that in my carry on. I put my woods close to the backbone and wrap in a towel, then put on the raincover before putting everything in the travel bag. I find that TSA will move things around if I put clothing around my clubs, but if I only have golf items, they won’t touch my set up. Don’t fly with anything that is irreplaceable - I game with a limited edition putter that I leave at home on trips and use a regular putter that I can easily replace if lost or damaged. To me, the key is to get a bag that’s the right size for your clubs, just like how ski bags have different lengths, golf bags come in different sizes. I personally find hard cases unnecessary and they take up too much space. All my clubs (like skis) are replaceable except for a few limited edition putter/skis that I will never travel with.View attachment 21789
I’ve been looking at the Club Glove actually, they get phenomenal reviews. I’ll have to see if I can figure out what size I need and just order one. I want to ensure that my current bag and my next (I plan to get a new bag next season most likely) will fit. So unsure between the smallest and midsized one.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are you able to take the head of your driver off? My Cobra Aerojet head is removable which made it easier to put my clubs in a shorter bag. All the rest of my clubs are short enough.
Phil did the same when he traveled with his clubs to WV this past summer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga