• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Going to demo day...need your help!

LadyLes

Certified Ski Diva
I'm going w/my husband to a demo day at Loveland...pretty much every brand will be there. So, what do you divas recommend me trying out? What skis are a 'not-miss'? Oh, some info on me...I'm 25, 5'7', 140, and a low-advanced skier... I love cruising and going fast, but want a ski that can handle any of the Colorado conditions I come across...I currently ski k2 T:Nine Flights; they're fine for now, I don't really need new skis..but don't want to pass this opportunity up! :eyebrows:
Thanks so much for your thoughts!!

Jilly

Staff member
All Diva's need new skis and a quiver of skis. (I'm going to start working on mine this year!). So western skier and presently on K2's. I'll leave the K2's, Volkls, to those who know them better. I would try:
Fischer - Vision Breeze or Vapour
Salomon - Topaz or Origins
Atomic - Sugar Mama's or the Sweet Mama's
Nordica - Victory's
Rossi - Z5's, but pretty narrow in the waist
(the mama's on my list, I've tried the rest.)
Somewhere there is neat chart to fill out so you can tell us what you think. SkiDiva can find that and link it, I'm not sure where it is.

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sierra Jim gave me recommendations for demo if they show up in Tahoe this year. Salomon Topaz or poss. Crystal, the Topaz is supp to replace the Siam 8 and be a little more stable at speeds because the shovel is a little smaller than the Siam 8 was. Nordica Olympia Victory , Dynastar Exclusive LTD & the Roxy Joyrider (is in short supply apparently). If you try any of those , I'd love to hear what you thought. I ski the K2 True Luv, wanted to try the One Luvs last year but couldn't get my hands on any. The one luvs are a little different this year, but worth trying. All are supposed to be for good intermediates.

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The report card/score card is in this forum-gear reviews - sticky & post #6 has the format. Sorry , I'm link challenged somedays.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Link not working?

I just tried to access the report card - you know, just make sure it's still there and working. However, the link just brings up "Site Mainetenance" so if you need it PM me your e-mail addy and I can send the excel file to you.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did that demo day at Loveland last year and found two skis that I was interested in. I ended up with Rossignol Attraction V due to the proform deal I could get (I'm a coach) and I absolutely love them. The first time I truly carved a turn on ice I almost took them off to kiss them I was so happy. Volkl was the other brand but I can't remember at the moment which ski it was.

cloudpeak

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did that demo day at Loveland last year and found two skis that I was interested in. I ended up with Rossignol Attraction V due to the proform deal I could get (I'm a coach) and I absolutely love them. The first time I truly carved a turn on ice I almost took them off to kiss them I was so happy. Volkl was the other brand but I can't remember at the moment which ski it was.

A friend of mine bought these skis and loves them, too.

LadyLes

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks for all the tips, Divas! I'll definitely let you all know how it goes and hopefully write up some reviews too! :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga