• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Gear designed for Asian fit

alison wong

Angel Diva
Hi, I have been looking for an Asian fit helmet for a while and I came across this on sale on SmithOptics website. I do like the Smith Vantage model.

I can't decide between white and black pearl. So I am soliciting your advice. Which color shall I go for?

1) I like white color but I am concerned if it will make my head look big? (my head circumference is 23 inch so it will be size medium)

2) Is white color easier to get dirty?

3) Does black color make your head look smaller? (Currently my ski outfit is white pants and black jacket.)

I just bought a maroon (burgundy) color ski pants recently.
In the future, I may get a brighter color ski jacket to go w/ the maroon (burgundy) ski pants.

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.48.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.53.00 PM.png

newboots

Angel Diva
Helmets are one of the few things you're wearing that are easy to clean . . . I like the look of a white helmet over black, but that's just me.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like the white one--it's less shiny. White helmet should be easy enough to keep clean, unlike white/light pants. I'd say don't worry about whether it'd make your head look too big/too small, it'll be fine. Nice looking style, btw. I'm happy with my Smith helmet, it's the model before the Vantage.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I guess black is said to be slimming, but I don't know if that applies to helmets.

I prefer the white - especially (I may be wrong) as the white looks matte, while the black is shiny.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What, no one has taken a shine to the shiny one? I had a shiny raspberry helmet for a while, I got tired of the look.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have a white matte one and a teal shiny one.. giro and smith

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga