• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

gain or lose weight?

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
During ski season, do you gain or lose weight, or neither?

I typically gain about 10 lbs during the winter ski season, then work HARD to take it off during the rest of the year when I'm no longer under the influence of the ski season. It's the long winter drives to the mountains (food in the car to stave off boredom) and food while in the mountains (eating out with others, snacking with others, group eating.)

What goes on with everyone else?

altagirl

Staff member
I tend to lose weight during winter and gain during summer. The heat makes me want to hibernate.

I'm also the opposite, where we do a ton of road trips in summer to go biking, but very few in winter where it's a 15 minute drive to the slopes. I tend to bike a TON in spring before it gets hot, but I think all the cardio makes me hungry or something because I don't lose much weight then.

abc

Banned
My weight doesn't fluctuate much. I do put on a few in the winter. Nothing to do with road trips whatsoever. The cold make me want to eat more. And I happen to think the added fat would be good for extra insulation! :wink:

I do so much biking as soon as the snow melts I lose all those few pounds in a matter of weeks of spring!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I lose weight in the winter.
Between shoveling snow and skiing, I get my excercise and my eating habits are better.

In the summer, I bike and golf a lot but I also like IceCream!!!

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think neither.

I don't pay attention enough to be sure, but I think my weight fluctuations aren't related to seasons, it just goes up and down here and there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga