• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Future Ski Diva

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Epic, posted this on Epic a while back, and I just had to share it with you.
His daughter is a gem, and a future Ski Diva for sure, in fact his thread title over there is
Micro Diva Video

https://home.mindspring.com/~swass/movies/AlsaciaSki07med.mov

This is my daughter skiing at Stowe just before and after her 4th birthday this year. Great weather and lots of fun.

If you make it to Stowe for the Monday after ESA, you may even get the privelage of skiing with this amazing Micro Diva!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Going to try to embed the video for simplicity

[MEDIA]https://home.mindspring.com/~swass/movies/AlsaciaSki07med.mov[/MEDIA]

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Why do you say "a future diva"? I think she's already there!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had to bump this thread for the Trip Report from my ski day with this micro diva

Being the skiing addict that I am, I booked my plane ticket for ESA Stowe, allowing a few extra days to ski at the conclusion of ESA activities.

I was promised an outing with Epics oldest daughter, which I was assuming would be a "cool down" outing after some days of hard skiing, which Rapid(the only other Bear still around) agreed would be a nice way to end our 5 days of skiing.

We were in for a surprise!!!
Getting boots on and gear rounded up was, what I would consider typical of a family, so Rapid and I chilled out and visited for a bit, as we kept hearing a little voice telling her mom and dad. "Lets go!"
Epic, and Mrs Epic, just smiled and kept putting gear on. Rapid and I kept chatting with the Micro Diva, who was eager to entertain.

Out of the lodge and on the snow, it was clear that MicroDiva knew her gear and her mountain.
She immediately informed us that we were going to the Spruce Double and She was Riding the Chair with Tricia!
On the chair ride she told me how her little sister(who was in Cubs Day Care) was going to be skiing soon, and how much she likes her horses, but mostly she just wanted to ski! It was time to raise the safety bar, and she told me so!!!

Once we got off the lift, I assumed we'd wait for Epic, Mrs Epic and Rapid. Not so!
The little voice said "Lets go!"
I'll let rapid fill in the blanks here, but I think he had a hard time catching us.

MicroDiva went through the gates set up on hill, and waved at a few folks on the lift who smiled and waved back.
At the bottom, I suggested we wait for mom and dad. Not gonna happen........Lets go!
So we went.
After the second pass on the same hill, I again suggested that we wait for mom and dad. This time she said okay. Upon the arrival of Epic and Mrs Epic at the bottom, I found out why we were waiting this time.
Little voice said, "Dad, I want a sticky fish and then we can go on that chair" (pointing to the Adventure Triple)

One trip there and we went to the Sunny Spruce Quad, where we finished the day.

Theme of the day.........Lets go!

I'd like to thank the Micro Diva for the tour of her mountain, and for sharing her sticky fish.
Mrs Epic and Epic, thank you so much for the wonderful meal in your home on Monday night. I really need to get the recipe for that Chicken!!

https://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=57409
If you were going to do a day in the life of a skiing family, this is it!!
Biggest regret from the day, I had moisture in my camera from the powder days previous, so it wouldn't work outside in the cold, and my pictures in the lodge were marginal.
Here's the one and only pic I was able to salvage of the family getting ready. Is this the face of a patient MicroDiva?

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's it. I'm going to start carrying something like the fish. My kid is the same, "Lets Go". After a couple hours of that, sometimes I'm just not ready to "Lets Go" & just want to spend a few minutes gaping (or is it gapping ?).

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That microdiva is too cute. How many years til she joins us on here?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga