• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Fun on the Bunny Hill!

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When we got our season passes in the mail last fall, we got a couple of free day passes along with them. Offered the kids opportunities to use them all winter long, but no, they didn't want to. So, I suggested to DH that he see if some friends of ours wanted to use them. A couple we haven't seen in WAY too long.

She couldn't come, but he did. So one more time, DH suggested to our oldest daughter that SHE come along. And suggested that she bring her oldest, who's 3 1/2. She did, and what fun we all had!

A first for all of us was the magic carpet. Those things are kind of cool, but definitely designed for small people! Xander had no problem getting on or off -- we tall people all got "wobbled" as we got on.

Daughter and I played with Xander for a while, then she took him to the lodge to eat and get warm. I went off to ski on my own for a bit, and met up with DH and his friend. Daughter and Xander had chicken strips and then went out to ski some more while we "grown ups" skied on the "real" runs.

Fun for Grandpa was the radios: FINALLY he had someone who would play his silly game with goofy names and 10-4, and all that stuff!

Rejoining daughter and grandson, we played on the magic carpet for a while longer. Then daughter and I went up the chair.

No "pizzas" for this kid -- he's a french fry boy all the way! We told him no riding the "magic chair," which he REALLY wanted to do, until he could pizza, and he REALLY wanted to go there. There was NO talking him out of the chair once he saw mommy go up, so, being incredibly indulgent, we took him up. He rode with Grandpa, who taught him about grabbing the bar and helped him hop up onto the seat. Word is, getting off was a breeze for him, and then we pretty much took turns catching him and getting him started again on the way down the "big" hill. Once he'd had a taste of the chair, the magic carpet was history. That ride was too cool!

Daughter had the camera, so we don't have many pictures of this diva -- on skis for the first time in 4 years, it came right back to her! For a bit, we -- DH's buddy and daughter and I -- abandoned DH and Xander to take a "real" run. They got in two runs on the bunny hill, and DH came to the conclusion that the best way to get Xander down the hill with some sort of control was between his skis.

We "old folks" went off and did a few more real runs, and spotted them on the bottom of a blue run, the run that she said was always a spooky one for her! (she who had no problem with black runs pre-kids!) She says that was pretty exhausting, but they were more successful than the other guy who started the day with us on the magic carpet.

(gotta admire his tenacity, "Sweater Dude" as we referred to him, had never been on skis, was VERY tall, and fell down a LOT! We thought Xander was good at tangling his skis, but Sweater Dude, in his skin-tight jeans and orange sweater, seemed to ALWAYS have skis, poles, and limbs all twisted around! He kept at it, though!)

Bill had a good time too, and it was fun to see him again. Sadly, Robin is out for the season with a back injury (not ski related) so she wasn't able to join us today. We're hoping she can ski with us next year sometime!

DH can't -- he'll be out of town -- but daughter and I were talking about going up next weekend for the year-end party. We thought it would be fun to get her DH and my other daughter to go too.

She took many pictures, and even a short video, for his scrap book and for great grandparents, they're HERE

Up on the right, there's the video too -- not much, but y'know, cute kid stuff!

Does it work to attempt to send you there? If not, we'll figure this out....

The bunny hill is more fun than I remembered!

Kano

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
He is too cute!!! :D Skiing with kids is a blast! I can't wait until mine are a little bit older so we can do more than just magic carpet runs.

Glad you had such a good time with your family today! :D

OH! He is ADORABLE!!! The link worked perfectly! Nice pictures! And what a lovely reminder for him!
PERFECT!!!!

NannyMin

Banned
What a cutiepatootie! He is absolutely adorable and looks like he is having a great time! The nanny in my can't help noticing that he needs a helmet though!

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What a cutiepatootie! He is absolutely adorable and looks like he is having a great time! The nanny in my can't help noticing that he needs a helmet though!

Oh he is VERY excited about the prospect of getting a helmet! He also wants goggles. He will have one for next ski season FOR SURE!

Daughter told me she got to the point of keeping him between her skis, but not holding onto him -- instead, touching which leg he should pressure to turn. She did say that he held onto her, but he was indeed beginning to turn by the time we left!

We had my run-counting watch on him. It didn't keep track of magic carpet rides, but he was on the magic chair (his name for it, btw) seven times. He really wants to go on the "four seater," he told me today.

Kano

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Another amusing tidbit --- Gramma Nickie saw the pictures and called me, wondering if she could get copies. No problem, I told her. She was espcially excited about the picture of Xander eating in the lodge.

BOTH my daughters are puzzled by that -- it was his first time SKIING, not his first time eating chicken strips and fries! My favorite close up is the one on the chair, I think, followed closely by him, Grampa, and me, near the trees. Some pretty iffy shots, makes me feel good about having a helmet and goggles, cuz it could possibly NOT be me that way, y'know? But at least there weren't any of the REALLY silly looking things we were doing! Some of the funniest looking snowplowing...

Kano

perma-grin

Instructor PSIA L 3, APD Alpine Ski training MHSP
Aw you gave me warm fuzzies!! Those picture are awesome! What a great first time, looks like you've got a skier for life! Too cool!

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We got that skier for life impression too. Daughter is envisioning emergency room visits already! We see racing, and surely lots of park skiing.

Headed toward the edge, he plopped, dragged his hands to stop, laughed and said "My hands saved my life!"

Kano

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna