• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Forecast for '18/'19 season

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's been a few years since I had tomatillos growing and a decent winter for both surf and snow. Not epic snow like two winters ago, but consistent snowfall and a winter full of regular head high plus swells in the water. The surf has been less than epic the past few years which got me thinking about how I haven't been able to grow any tomatillos either. Coincidence? time will tell. I posted a picture of two tomatillo plants taking over one garden box in the Garden thread -- I have several more growing as well. Latest forecast is calling for El Nino. Some out of the ordinary weather patterns this week - Upper Jet w/ high winds in Mammoth and today scored some fun waves w/ DH today at a regular "winter" spot that usually isn't breaking this time of the year. Will be interesting to see how things pan out.... thoughts?

mustski

Angel Diva
I also noticed that we had May gray for the first time in about 7 years. I taught at a beach school and there were 12 and 13 year olds that were complaining about the unusual May weather. I had to laugh and explain that May gray is the usual when we are not in a drought. We are also getting afternoon thunderstorms in Big Bear which we haven't had in a few years. I have my fingers crossed for sure.

newboots

Angel Diva
Living in the Northeast, I confess to never having grown tomatillos, never mind studied the relationship among tomatillos, snow, and wave height. I will just have to get with the program!

:wink:

Sounds like a good thing, though!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And we watch and wait. One thing this sailor/skier knows is Mother Nature will do whatever she wants! Fingers crossed for decent snow for all!

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My oak tree has been producing an abundance of acorns for about 4 weeks. More acorns, better snow in the northeast. However, the acorns are smaller than usual. I've not seen that before. Here's hoping.

marzNC

Angel Diva
SkiSE has started the annual count of days with morning fog in August. The other indicator is supposed to be wooly worms, a particular type of caterpillar. Certainly hoping for snowmaking weather early on. :becky:

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As I recall, here in Utah we love El Ninos.....it's La Nina that we dread---if my memory serves me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna