• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

For those of you enjoying the snow...

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Read below to see what I have going on where I live!

Flood warning issued as storm blows through N.B.

New Brunswick's Emergency Measures Organization has issued a flooding advisory for the southern part of the province.

People living along streams and rivers in southern New Brunswick should be on alert as a storm passes through the province on Wednesday, said EMO officials.

Environment Canada has issued weather warnings for all areas of the province.

The 10th storm of the winter is expected to bring snow and ice pellets to northern New Brunswick while snow, rain and freezing rain are expected to hit the south Wednesday night.

Water levels will rise because of the rain, said EMO, and higher temperatures over the coming days will likely break up ice and increase water flows.

The northern part of the province is expected to receive 20 centimetres of snow and ice pellets, while the south could get 50 millimetres of rain.

Rainfall warning in effect. Tonight..Rain at times heavy. Rain mixed with freezing rain early this evening. Rainfall amount 40 to 50 mm. Fog patches. Wind southeast 50 km/h gusting to 80 becoming southwest 40 gusting to 60 this evening. Temperature rising to 8 by midnight.
Thursday..Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers early in the morning. Clearing in the morning. Fog patches dissipating in the morning. Wind southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming northwest 30 gusting to 50 in the morning. Temperature falling to plus 2 by noon.
Thursday night..Clear. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light overnight. Low minus 11.

Get down on your knees and say "thank you" for the snow you have :smile:

Jilly

Staff member
I heard that this PM. We have ExpressVu and get the tail end of the CBC Maritime news just before our CTV news. Hope you're on high ground!

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm actually at sea level - can see the Bay of Fundy from my living room window!

S'ok though, my kayak is out back.

Jilly

Staff member
Ok that only rises every 12 hours or so. Don't remember by tide tables. And for it to flood there, there will be a few other in worst shape. Beautiful place in the summer!! Digby scallops!

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, we are getting POUNDED again here in the U-T. 2 hour commute home this evening, for what should have taken 35 minutes. Madness out there! I wish I could go up skiing tomorrow :mad:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Stay safe and dry, AQ - will be thinking of you -- radar looks rough your way! :eek: I spent the better part of the a.m. watching it and the rain/snow line. Noted, SD, when the rain moved into VT earlier today. Not pretty.

Yeah, well, we have the ocean to thank for all this - something that the Rocky Mt divas don't have to worry about.

The town I live in has been straddling this rain/snow line since about noon. From what I can glean, the bigger Maine ski resorts have managed to dodge the bullet - most reporting 10", at least as of 10 p.m. I'm heading out to ski tomorrow and haven't a clue which direction my car will drive me :confused: - totally undecided where to go for best conditions.

All I know is that there is a tremendous amount of snow here on the ground: the most I've seen since I've lived here. Undrifted, actual snow depth in my yard is at 40" - we are keeping tabs based on a wind-sheltered fence. Drifts, of course, are much higher, and the snow blower has created some significant mounds.

"The hits just keep on comin'!" I'll take the snow, but methinks New England is going to have a significant "mud season" this year.

Everyone be safe and dry.

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At my house (south of boston) we had nearly 2.5" of rain today. Last night 2.5-3" of snow fell that was all completely washed away during the day. Luckily my typical ski haunts seem to have avoided the change over and I was able to avoid any more than minimal shovelling or any attempt at snowblowing so I can live. However this brings us up over 5" of liquid precip for the month (including melted snow) and the month is not yet half done!

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Colorado's floods will come this spring when all this fabulous snow melts...:doh:

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Colorado's floods will come this spring when all this fabulous snow melts...:doh:

Of course, that all the snow does mean AWESOME freshet for spring paddling! WOoohooo Whitewater!

Jilly

Staff member
Actually the local conservation authority, who monitor water flows around here, are saying flood watch for the lower Trent River. If anyone has been on the Trent-Severn waterway, you know it a good size river with dams and locks. We badly need the water in the Bay of Quinte and Lake Ontario.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga