• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

For Sale: Teenage Son

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For Sale: :D

One teenage son with phone attached to his ear, and a foul mouth. Comes complete with insults, inuendos, ice cold stares, and inappropriate behavior. Demands constant feeding, constant attention and a college education. Requires transportation to various social events; however, does own laundry, brushes own teeth daily, occasionally bathes, takes out trash twice per week, and frequently sleeps well past noon. Is not quite fully house-trained but is educable.

Asking $5 or best offer . . . :smile:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is this a listing, or shall I start the bidding at 50 cents?:D

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As his grandmother, I would happily pay $10 for said teenager as long as seller agrees to provide the college education. I will also pay shipping and handeling. I understand this model has a great sense of humor and loves to ski. Please advise if the car comes with him.

Lil

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
If this post refers to Ty, I'll take him. But the description doesn't sound like him at all!!!! (Then again, I'm not his mom, so what do I know. But I do love to ski with him.)

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think we have some action here. The bidding is up to 10.00.
do I hear 11.00?

Lynn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How about a trade? Will swap sullen male teen for even more sullen female teen exacerbated by PMS. IPOD in ear, IM'ing always, will only assist with housework after great effort exerted by parentals.
Will only ski occasionally.
:rolleyes: ;)

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hang in there Mom. I can tell you from experience with 3 daughters that by the time she is ready to graduate from college, you will be so impressed by who she has become, you will forget about these few years of stuggle while she finds out who she is. And if she becomes a mom, she will apologise for all she put you through. That is the day to look forward to!

Marigee

Angel Diva
I can give you a two-for-one deal: 2 fourteen year old males just beginning the teenage sulleness for your 17 year old. I'll let you in on a little secret - sometime near graduation they get all loving again - and they are really human beings when they come home on holidays from college. It happened to my son. All of a sudden he is grown-up and we can have lovely conversations and he calls me out of the blue to tell me interesting things - AND - he remembers my birthday with no prompting and even sends a card!

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just spent two great days on the ski slopes with said teenage son and had a wonderful time. :D Offer withdrawn. :smile:

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Despite difficult high school years with them which I remember as if in a dream, some humor attached, and nothing else attached of note, I now have two lovely adult daughters who make my life worth living.
They are by far the best thing I have done witlh my life.

I highly advise having children, if that's an option, and waiting until they graduate from high school or college to pass judgment on the results. After going through the "I hate you" stage, the "You are SO embarrassing" stage, "You don't know anything and you don't understand me" stage, now it's the "We are equals, we both have experiences and wisdom to share, and you are my best friend" stage. By far this is the best, and it's more than enough to make life worth living.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna