• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Five movies you've seen 10 times

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Not sure I've watched anything as many as 10 times, but ones I'll always watch if given the opportunity: Casablanca (I can even recite a fair bit of it - "Play it Sam" and "This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship"), A Christmas Story ("You'll shoot your eye out"), When Harry Met Sally ("I'll have what she's having"). Hmmm, maybe also Breakfast at Tiffany's, the African Queen... I'm sure there are more but can't think of them at the moment.

altagirl

Staff member
Wow. Just for balance, my number is 0. I don't think I have ever watched a movie twice.
Well and "watch" means different things.... anywhere from full focus in a theater to "I have it on in the background while house cleaning or reviewing and editing photos..."

I think the most I've seen in a theater is 3x.

Christy

Angel Diva
I love watching movies over again. It gives me a chance to appreciate all the various components — the acting, the script, etc. — instead of just trying to keep track of what's going on.
There are some movies where I catch something new each time.

Oh haha for sure I have seen Sun Valley Serenade 10 times, because it plays on a loop on one of the lodge tv channels.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm with @vickie ...... maybe have seen some movies twice..... like the old "parent trap" (never saw the Lindsay Lohan one)...... oh and Bohemian Rhapsody saw on a flight to London and then at friend's house in Tahoe...

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I have one a little out of left field. Wong Kar Wai’s cinematic masterpiece In the Mood for Love. I bawl like a BABY every time but can’t not watch because it is such a beautiful film.

Tvan

Angel Diva
1. Star Wars
2. The Fifth Element
3. Hunt for Red October
4. LA Story
5. Strictly Ballroom

Probably more, but those are the first ones that come to mind. We have a regular December watch list of Christmas movies that we've seen multiple times - probably close to 10 times each:

1. Love, Actually
2. Elf
3. Miracle on 34th Street
4. The Bishop's Wife
5. White Christmas

Like Wendy, I like to watch movies multiple times to catch all the things I missed the first time around. Same with books and soundtracks. I've read Barbara Kingsolver's "The Poison Wood Bible" so many times that it's falling apart. And I've had the Hamilton soundtrack on repeat since last July.

newboots

Angel Diva
I, too, don’t tend to watch movies more than once or twice. I love plot, more than any other aspect, and I don’t rewatch to note the cinematic qualities, casting, writing, or whatnot. Also, it’s been years since I had a television.

So, like others, my list is strongly influenced by childhood and Christmas!

Wizard of Oz
Sound of Music
White Christmas
Love, Actually
Miracle on 34th Street
[insert random interchangeable Hallmark Christmas movie here]

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
10 times or getting up there:

Wizard of Oz
Sound of Music
Local Hero
Love, Actually
Moonstruck "snap out of it!"
Gone With The Wind "fiddle dee dee"
Maltese Falcon "I won't play the sap for you"
Princess Bride "have fun storming the castle" and so much more
All About Eve "fasten your seat beats"
Monty Python & the Holy Grail

Great, now I feel the need to blow off work and watch any (all) of these again.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Me, three, tend to watch a movie no more than once. Repeats are boring to me.

Very few exceptions, Sound of Music. Must have watched it 10x, haven't gotten tired of it and I like Christopher Plummer, a lot.

Mona Lisa's Smile and The Horse Whisperer, I've seen both maybe 3x (?). I start to like Robert Redford after seeing the movie.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Definitely 10:
1. The Lion King (one of the only movies we owned when I was a child)
2. The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Possibly 10:
3. Grease (although I may be mis-remembering exactly how often I have seen it)
4. Shrek
5. Spirited Away

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@ski diva I have to say that I love that "This is Spinal Tap" is on your short list!

I'm not a big movie person, and the movies I have watched multiple times were mostly ones DD wanted to watch, including many of the classics already listed We all enjoy Hayao Miyazaki movies, the top most watched are Totoro, Kiki's Delivery, Princess Mononoke, and Ponyo. Breakfast at Tiffany's and Singing in the Rain are also repeats.

My favorite movie is Surf's Up, but I don't think I'm at 10 viewings yet.....

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@ski diva I have to say that I love that "This is Spinal Tap" is on your short list!

I'm not a big movie person, and the movies I have watched multiple times were mostly ones DD wanted to watch, including many of the classics already listed We all enjoy Hayao Miyazaki movies, the top most watched are Totoro, Kiki's Delivery, Princess Mononoke, and Ponyo. Breakfast at Tiffany's and Singing in the Rain are also repeats.

My favorite movie is Surf's Up, but I don't think I'm at 10 viewings yet.....
What about the original Endless Summer?

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ok yes if I add DH's surf movie collection, then we get into Endless Summer, Five Sumer Stories, Gidget movies etc.

kiki

Angel Diva
Hmmm, tough one

Anne of green gables
Sound of music
A little princess (version with Shirley temple)
Miracle on 34th street
White Christmas

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tend to watch TV series through multiple times more so than movies, but if I had to guess I think I'm probably close on these, if not over:

1. When Harry Met Sally
2. While You Were Sleeping
3. X-Files: Fight the Future
4. The Last Unicorn
5. Annie (1982)

I'm sure there are others that could also be on this list. The last two I watched a ton as a kid. It's not a "movie," but I watched Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall - 25th Anniversary about a gazillion times during the shutdown last year.

Last edited:

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What a fun topic.
Here's my list. It reflects the fact that I watched lots of movies with my kids, especially at Christmas when they were home from school. A few I watched with friends when they came over, and a few alone. I'm not sure I've seen them all 10 times, but maybe.

Sound of Music
Wizard of Oz
It's a Wonderful Life
Nightmare Before Christmas
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Witches
Miracle on 34th Street
Home Alone
White Christmas
Gone With the Wind
Shrek
The Princess Bride
The Neverending Story
Finding Nemo
Spirited Away
The Breakfast Club
The Navigator
The FIsher King
Pretty Woman
Scent of a Woman
Babette's Feast
Freaks (the original in black and white)
All the Tarzan movies with Johnny Weismuller

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna