• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

First resort in the East to charge over $100 for a lift ticket

Jenny

Angel Diva
You know, the expense of skiing was one of my excuses for years and years (along with hating the cold). I figured if I did it and liked it, then it would be an expensive hobby - and boy was I right! In a way, I'm glad I didn't learn until we had the income to support the habit. In another way, I'm sorry I missed all the student discounts. Now I have to hope that I can do it still when I qualify for the senior discounts instead.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I doubt I would've started my daughter on skis at a young age if I'd still been working. The logistics and cost would not have been worth it since we live in the southeast. I've been surprised at how many families do a once a year weekend trip to the NC or WV mountains. They have a good time even though they are advanced beginners at best.

I imagine many families choose Smuggs over Stowe because it's much more reasonable in terms of cost for lodging and lift tickets.

Just learned more about the changes that Stowe is doing at the Spruce Peak base. The two old double chairs are being replaced with a quad that will have carpet/conveyor loading. There won't be any more public parking at Spruce.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just learned more about the changes that Stowe is doing at the Spruce Peak base. The two old double chairs are being replaced with a quad that will have carpet/conveyor loading. There won't be any more public parking at Spruce.

That's too bad. I like parking at the Spruce lodge b/c of the free lockers.

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
One more point about Stowe: they're probably the only resort around in Vermont that does NOT offer discount tickets. As abc said, window ticket prices for some of the other resorts are pretty high. But you can always find a way to pay less than the going rate. For example, at Killington, Vermont residents pay a reduced rate on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. And at Okemo, there's always some discount or other going on. At Stowe, never. When they charge more than $100., it's more than $100. Nothing less. Ever. So there's that to consider, too. There's no way to catch a break.

There used to be a discount card you could get from spending $50 at Burlington's church Street Marketplace stores. I don't remember the name if it but it got me something like $55 lift tickets back in 2006 or so. I think full price at that time was about $75 but that was all before the new construction at Spruce. I also was dating the son of the CEO of the resort and even he couldn't get me a discount!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga