• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Favorite Hydration Product?

Consuela

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A hydration product called Nuun was recently recommended to me and I'm very excited to try it out. I have Reactive Hypoglycemia, so normal sports drinks, gels, powerbars are off limits to me.

Nuun is an elecrolyte tab (no sugar) that you add to water. It gives you a boost of sodium, potasium, calcium, and magnesium.

1. Is anyone else already using this? What is your favorite flavor?
2. Anyone tried it and didn't like it?
3. Any other favorite hydration products out there?

I normally ski with a camelbak filled with just plain water. Maybe interesting to try some Nuun in it this season... :eyebrows:
Cheers,
Connie Consuela

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've sampled Nuun at race expos, but haven't really formulated an opinion about it. The small sample I had tasted decent, but there's a big difference between what it tastes like in that situation vs. an actual workout. I tried a ton of different electrolyte drinks this summer while training for my olympic tri, and I ended up with lemon-lime Gu2O. It was the only one that tasted good, and refreshing, without being too sickly sweet. It also doesn't have any of the crap that traditional sports drinks have. I refuse to buy Gatorade or Powerade anymore b/c they all have High Fructose Corn Syrup in them. Blech.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I swear by nuun and recommend it to others.

Here's the thing. It tastes like crap if you're drinking it without needing to. It's billed as an electrolyte replacement drink, and I think it's best used as a post-workout drink rather than a pre- or contemporaneous thing.

I have only used the lemon lime flavor but am well into my second tube. I used it during workouts all summer long and used it in a running race situation last weekend during an overnight, 180 mile relay race. No problems on the stomach.

I chose nuun because it is sugar free.

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
I'm pretty old school; I tend not to have to rehydrate until hour 2 of any race or workout. Then, I use water, a banana, and a bagel with a soy-based cheese.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like the Nuun orange ginger flavor or the Camelback lemon-lime flavor. I use them during workouts and they are perfect for me, sometimes the regular drinks have such heavy flavors they get overwhelming while working out.

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I swear by Nuun as well. I had a horrible cramping experience on a century ride last year and used it religously for the rest of the year. Didn't have any more problems on long rides after that.

Consuela

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like it...

Gave Nuun a try on Thursday evening and liked it. It's not very tasty to drink when not exercising (gave a bottle a try at lunch), but didn't mind the flavor at all while riding.

A couple of the guys I ride with commented on my increased speed a couple times during the ride... could have been the Nuun... could have been skipping the fries in my normal pre-ride dinner... or could have been the longer ride on Sunday... Who knows! But, I'm sticking with the Nuun :becky:.... and probably skipping pre-ride fries in the future. :(

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A couple of the guys I ride with commented on my increased speed a couple times during the ride... could have been the Nuun... could have been skipping the fries in my normal pre-ride dinner... or could have been the longer ride on Sunday... Who knows! But, I'm sticking with the Nuun :becky:.... and probably skipping pre-ride fries in the future. :(

You crack me up. :becky: Glad to hear it's working out for you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna