• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Favorite goggles?

Luvs2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Happy November ... the 2015-16 ski season is getting close :yahoo::ski2: I am looking to get new goggles to kick off the season, so would love to hear about what my fellow Ski Divas like! My current goggles: POC Iris X, so in staying with POC (as they seem to fit nicely with my POC helmet), I was leaning towards the Lobes, but I saw a woman wearing these last year & they "looked" great, just not sure if they are truly functional.https://churchandstateoptics.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/new-the-polka-new

So, what are your favorites & why? Thanks in advance....

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My favourite goggles are so old, they probably belong in an antique shop by now. They're Smith PMT Airflows that probably date back to, oh gosh, I don't even want to speculate. Maybe the late 90s?

I have a significantly newer pair of Bollés that are much cuter, but they simply don't fit quite right with my helmet. So once I bought the helmet, I went back to the Smiths.

The lenses have definitely seen better days. They've picked up some scratches and whatnot. But I have so much other gear to buy that I just haven't prioritized goggles at the moment.

alicie

Angel Diva
I have bolle novas. I like them because they're not overly expensive, they fit my face/helmet and they have plenty choices of lens (not interchangeable but when you buy them at first).

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Loving the Smith I/Os I got last year! They've been fog-free and being able to change out the lenses so easily has meant lots less crap to carry around in my bag.

I just bought a pair of smith i/o's and am very excited to see with them.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yep, also have Smith IOS.. Very good.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, another Smith I/O S user her. I love how easy it is to swap out the lenses. Plus they have a great field of vision and don't give me the fogging problems I've had with other goggles. Easily the best I've ever had.

I've heard good things about Julbo goggles, too, so I'm curious about them. Anyone have any experience?

Last edited:

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Anon WM1 here - I got them last year as a Christmas gift from my mom. WOW! Magnetic lens changes happen in seconds, great coverage, and they fit perfectly with my Giro helmet.

I tried the Smith I/O S, but did not like the fit with Giro helmets (the goggle slopes down at the top and left a sliver of space between goggle/helmet), and I cannot get a Smith helmet to fit my head. My sister has a Smith helmet and the Smith I/O and loves them. Not sure how the fit of either would be with POC, but they are both worth a look.

powderfan

Certified Ski Diva
Anon WM1 here - I got them last year as a Christmas gift from my mom. WOW! Magnetic lens changes happen in seconds, great coverage, and they fit perfectly with my Giro helmet.

I tried the Smith I/O S, but did not like the fit with Giro helmets (the goggle slopes down at the top and left a sliver of space between goggle/helmet), and I cannot get a Smith helmet to fit my head. My sister has a Smith helmet and the Smith I/O and loves them. Not sure how the fit of either would be with POC, but they are both worth a look.

I love my Anon WM1 I got last year as well. Best goggles I ever had. Switching lenses is so easy.
I wear it with a POC- Receptorbug helmet. Fits very well.

MI-skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Forgot which Oakleys I have but they have an Asian style that doesn't gap over my nose. Obviously love them.

karrie lou

Certified Ski Diva
I've just bought a pair of the Smith I/OS but don't get to try the until I pick them up in the US when we get there next month! I got the photochromatic lens so that will be interesting to try out!

Previous were a pair of Adidas googles - They were ok, but blocked my nose so I couldn't breathe.

Jilly

Staff member
Since I have a Salomon helmet, I'm using Salomon goggles. I really could not find anything that worked with my face shape and the helmet. I have 3 pairs of Oakley's that are going to the Teens on Edge charity.

Last edited:

elemmac

Angel Diva
I mostly use my Salomon goggles. Picked them up on sale last year, and honestly wasn't expecting too much, but was pleasantly surprised, now they're my go-to.

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have Scott goggles (won't remember the model now, but they have photochromic lenses) and they my POC helmet very well too ( I used Iris in the past too). I like the goggles but on couple occasions they fogged without any explanation why. Both times on blue bird and only moderately cold days. Only twice in about 90 ski days that I've been using them, not a bad record but still frustrating as I had never had fogged goggles before. Will try to find out the name of the model.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Oakley Crowbar. (After many "misses.") Airbrake might work for me - if they were to arrive at my doorstep pre-paid. Perfect fit - happy. Great with Giro. I obviously do not have a woman-specific head or goggle size (among other extremities). Gave first pair to DS - he never looked back. DH wears Smith helmet/Smith I/O and is happy. However, one day he forgot his Smith sunglasses, so I lent him mine. “Wow,” he said, “these optics are phenomenal.” Yes, they are. Oakley.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The new Oakley Prizm lenses are amazing! I borrowed a pair at the end of last year...and now they're on my list of wants for this year.

Yes, the Oakley Prizm are out of this world. I have various Smith lenses and Zeal photochromatic, but none were very good in low or varying light. I have the Prizm Rose and they are incredible. I can't even describe the clarity, variations just pop out at me. I can even wear them on sunny days without an issue. I wear them in the Flight Deck goggle because I prefer a really wide field of vision.

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had Oakleys (Stockholm I think) before I got POC helmet but changed as they didn't fit well with the helmet. Also, when choosing goggles make sure they don't have any buckles at the back because a buckle won't fit under a clip at the back of a POC helmet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna