• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

FacerSaver Mask is my new cold weather bf

SnoCyn

Diva in Training
Hubby and I took a trip to Park city in January and it got C.O.L.D., minus 10 at times.We had a couple of FaceSaver Masks a friend had given us for Christmas so gave them a try. Love Them! Mine fit right around my fleece gator and Mike loved the fact they were the first facemask to handle his beard without getting vapor frozen. Highly Recommend!

MilkyWookiee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hubby and I took a trip to Park city in January and it got C.O.L.D., minus 10 at times.We had a couple of FaceSaver Masks a friend had given us for Christmas so gave them a try. Love Them! Mine fit right around my fleece gator and Mike loved the fact they were the first facemask to handle his beard without getting vapor frozen. Highly Recommend!

Woah! I hate having my breathing restricted while skiing, which resulted in 1) frostbite on my nose and 2) a recurrance of said frostbite. This looks like the game changed I've been looking for. Thanks for sharing!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
These things are the bomb and I've recommended them to loads of people here in Vermont. I even reviewed them in my blog a few years back. Can not live without mine on cold days.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought one a few years back but hadn't used it until about a week ago. I used it on a below zero day and thought it worked quite well. I can't stand having a gaiter/tight stuff over my mouth when I'm skiing so this worked well since it just covered the middle face. I did find it restricted breathing through my nose though, as it made my goggles a bit tight/pressure over the nose.
But on days it is really cold, I'd use it again.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I love the Facesaver. Carry an extra in my pocket to change midday if needed. Also use it during late season for part of the day to keep the sun off.

It was fun to meet Bob a few years ago at Alta during late season when he'd driven over from Park City to catch the opening of Devil's Castle. He noticed I had one on and joined me for a lift ride up Collins soon after the lifts opened.

Bob Facesaver Apr2015.jpg

Tvan

Angel Diva
I usd my face saver on the coldest days at the Okemo Women’s program... -25 one morning, but I was toasty warm.

lucy

Angel Diva
I bought one, too! I used it on a -10 degree F day and I always keep it stuffed in my jacket... always. It cuts the wind from the space between gaiter and goggle, and yes, I can say that it's compatible with an Asian face. ;) If it's windy on the tram ride, out comes the FaceSaver, and then the windy day turns into a "Honey badger don't care!" day. I use it with a SmartWool beanie, helmet, gaiter, and goggles and I find I prefer it to a full balaclava because it does a better job handling moisture released from breathing and it keeps my face warmer since I'm not constantly yanking it down past my chin so I can breath.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I can say that it's compatible with an Asian face.
One reason I like the Facesaver is that it completely eliminates any gap between my goggles and my nose. :-) Too invested in the I/OS to switch to an Asian Fit goggle. Although those do fit slightly better.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Why not get the i/os Asian fit? Isn't the main difference the foam? You could still use all of your lenses then.

mountainwest

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I need to try this! Is it comfortable under a helmet? Can you get it on without taking your helmet off?

Tvan

Angel Diva
I need to try this! Is it comfortable under a helmet? Can you get it on without taking your helmet off?

Yes, its comfortable under a helmet. On me, the velcro goes just at the base of my skull and lays flat. To take it off, I can slide mine down around my neck without taking my helmet off, but would have to take my helmet off to put it back on securely.

Best thing ever on a frigid day!

lucy

Angel Diva
Same thing for me. Picked up another one for DH.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have two smalls and one medium, which is too big. Best face protector out there!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I just got one and finally have a mask I can tolerate! I got the medium; I Velcro it much higher and it stays put that way.

Jilly

Staff member
One of the lapsed ski diva's, Catherine was in Utah and picked up some. When she got home she realized that she didn't have enough and mine was one of them. Since she had met the owners, she called them and more are on the way. Except mine has taken a detour it seems....But really I'd rather go to Milan than my FaceSaver. Hopefully this week! I just wanted a another one as mine is getting old.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna