• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Excellent Knowledge of Lessons, Rental, etc. around Keystone Needed

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Hi. We have skied in the Summit area a lot, but there are certain things we haven't paid much attention to. A friend of mine is coming from Mexico to spend about 5 days at Keystone around Christmas. She is renting a condo with her family (father, mother, 3 skiing age children). They have skied two or 3 times previously. They are wondering about getting a private instructor who works freelance to teach all of them. They also need to know about discounts on lift tickets, rental of equipment and rental or purchase of used ski clothing. They will spend 2 days in Denver before coming out to Keystone. :ski2:

I know that King Soopers have some discount tickets but wonder if there is anything cheaper. I would guess that they should rent equipment in Frisco, Dillon, or Silverthorne. Does anyone have a favorite place for inexpensive (not high performance) ski equipment? I am completely at a loss regarding used clothing for purchase or rent. I know there is a store in the Walmart/Safeway plaza that has used clothing, but don't have any feeling about the prices. Is there a place in Denver they could go to? Is there a place near Keystone for renting clothing? I suspect they will need pretty warm clothing as they are not used to the cold. I guess they could purchase inexpensive ski clothing in Walmart, but wonder if the quality would be adequate. :confused:

I am hoping that someone out there remembers being a beginner and can help with some of these issues. Looking for all the advice I can get. Thanks in advance.

THINK SNOW! :snow:

Monkeygirl

Certified Ski Diva
Recycled Sports in the Walmart center in Frisco is a great place to pick up gear. They have new and used stuff. There are also several rental locations in the area, but if they are spending time in Denver first renting down in town may be cheaper. You can get inexpensive ski gear at Burlington Coat Factory as well.

https://www.maisondeski.com/
This place is in Idaho Springs (on the way up) and often is a good place for gear- they rent clothes as well.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, Recycled Sports is the store I was thinking of. Is there anything like that in Denver?

THere are several "Play It Again" sports stores that sell used and new discount sports equipment. It's pretty hit or miss, but you never know.

What sizes do you need? We have a few pairs of kids boots and some pants, maybe even a coat or two that we could loan.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I believe there is a place in River Run that will rent clothes, I think it's on River Run Rd.

Skier31

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Teaching freelance is a great way for instructors to get fired. I am sure there are people who do it but you are probably not going to find people adverstising.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga