• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ever tried anti-perspirant on your feet?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Today it was supposed to be really, really cold (high of about 8). So I before I went skiing, I tried something I'd only heard about before: putting anti-perspirant on my feet. It's supposed to reduce the sweating, keeping your feet dryer and thereby less cold. Not sure if it worked or not -- I also used toe warmers and boot gloves. So while my feet weren't especially cold, I'm not sure if the a-p made any difference or not.

Hey, at least my feet didn't stink! :D

Anyone else ever try this?

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've never tried it, myself, but dermatologists have been recommending it for years. I'd totally forgotten about it so thanks for the reminder, but there should be some benefit (tho' don't know how much you'd notice) in keeping your feet warm. There's also a prescription product, Dry-Sol, that's helpful, but it's just aluminum chloride (hexahydrate), that is available over-the-counter and is a main ingredient of many anti-perspirants.

Jilly

Staff member
A friend and I tried this back in the 80's when boot liners and boots weren't that warm. We quite because of the connection between Aluminium and Alzheimer's. I have used foot powders etc. I find changing socks 1/2 way through the day works best!

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, and it really works for me. Usually my feet get cold because they got sweaty first, so a quick spray all around and they usually stay warm.

Cayenne pepper sprinkled in your sock is supposed to work too, but I've never tried that one.

ISki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Never tried the AP, but I have tried:

pantyhose - didn't work
plastic bags - didn't work

Hmmmm, wonder if hot pepper pain cream would work (Capzasin)....?

Jilly

Staff member
Did you try the plastic bags outside the liner?? That's the latest idea being touted around here. Grocery store produce bags outside the liner, so between the liner and shell. I haven't tried it yet, but maybe?

ISki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes! But not for the warmth experiment. For warmth I tried within the liners.

Last season I got sooooo frustrated with my ski boots for leaking that at lunch I took my lunch bag, a doubled plastic grocery bag, separated it and put one over each liner. It helped, somewhat. Months later on this board you clued me into duct tape and THAT is working mucho better. :smile:

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I spray my feet with anti-perspirant. Then I run for clean air to breathe. I think it works. Have also heard about the ceyanne pepper on the socks, but have not tried it. Getting the liners out of the boots is so much trouble, and they are so tight I'd worry about plastic wrinkles messing up the fit, so that I haven't tried. Anyway, I don't think the boots leak H2O. Just air. Boot gloves help.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga