• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

ESA Aspen Snowmass

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorry you're stuck in the hospital. How bad is the infection?

Very thoughtful of your friend to bring your laptop :thumbsup: Mine's gotten me through hospital time so much happier than I would've been without it. Remember, we're here to entertain you if you need it! With the various time zones and lifestyles, we've got you covered around the clock.

Jilly

Staff member
OMG Diva's. What's in the air out there, or not in the air?? Both of you get better soon. And as num says between the different time zones, someone will be around to answer!!

cloudpeak

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
NannyMin, I hope the docs get the infection under control and that you feel better soon. ++++Vibes+++++

ITC, I hope you're feeling better now, too.

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nannymin, oh my gosh ! I can't believe infection already set in ! Rest, Rest while you are in the hospital (yeah ,right, like they ever let that happen). Keep updating. I can't believe you'r 1st day home & your in the hospital.

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mindy--Hopefully your fever is down, you're feeling better, and you're well on the road to recovery, plus that this will only be a one-time event. Next time, listen to your feet! Remember we've all been saying your boots are your most important piece of equipment? Never knew we'd be so right!!

abc

Banned
Mindy,

Hope your situation is under control, and you're feeling better. Please rest and listen to the doctors. It'll be good for you this time.

Keep us updated.

Bravosarah

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
((((((+++++NannyMin+++++))))))

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
... In retrospect, I think that I had lost all sensation at that point. ...

Yeah, this is what is dangerous. When you can't feel it, it doesn't hurt (duh), but then you can ignore it, because it doesn't hurt. Not a good cycle.

Please get better!! What a scary thing.

cloudpeak

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does anyone know how NannyMin is doing? She hasn't posted in a while.

I've been very concerned. Ski Diva sent her an email and hopefully we'll hear back soon. I sure hope it's a computer-related issue and not health-related....

NannyMin

Banned
Yeah, this is what is dangerous. When you can't feel it, it doesn't hurt (duh), but then you can ignore it, because it doesn't hurt. Not a good cycle.

Please get better!! What a scary thing.

pinto~ you picked the word of the week for me...duh! what a stupid thing i have done to myself...lessson way, way, way more than learned!

now that i'm feeling a bit better and my nurse "doom"'s (sat in the midst of everything going downhill she asked me if i felt a sense of doom??? wth kind of q is that?:yell: ) shift is over i am trying to catch up a little.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
pinto~ you picked the word of the week for me...duh! what a stupid thing i have done to myself...lessson way, way, way more than learned!

Oh, I didn't mean it THAT way! It just came out after I typed what seemed to be redundant.

I did it to myself (much much less seriously) just on Friday, not realizing how cold my feet were because I couldn't feel them. But it took them forever to thaw, and then my toenails were all blue. It was a good reminder for me.

I had some minor frostbite back when I was a teenager (in leaky rear-entry boots, yikes) and it was the same thing ... I didn't realize how truly cold I was until about, oh, 9 pm that night when I finally started feeling them again.

Hope all heals up quickly!!

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
now that i'm feeling a bit better and my nurse "doom"'s (sat in the midst of everything going downhill she asked me if i felt a sense of doom??? wth kind of q is that?:yell: ) shift is over i am trying to catch up a little.
What an awful question to ask!! :eek: It's one think to ask someone after the fact, but while things were getting worse? That's not even something to joke about. :mad2:

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What an awful question to ask!! :eek: It's one think to ask someone after the fact, but while things were getting worse? That's not even something to joke about. :mad2:

Hmmm. What type of question is that?? Stupid, inappropriate and unprofessional.:mad2:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
NM,Robyn and I had the pleasure of spending time with Bud on Friday. He speaks highly of you, and relayed the story to us, but didn't know of the most recent trip to the hospital.
For some reason, I can't imagine anything getting you down.
Let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

NannyMin

Banned
I received a message today, from someone who felt that I was blaming the bootfitters for my injury. So, to clarify, let me publicly state that I accept full responsibility for my injuries and complications. I in no way hold the bootfitters responsible. :injured:

By the way the message wasn't from either of the bootfitters. They have both been incredibly supportive and have offered help in continuing to fix my boot issues once I'm able to get my foot in it again!!! :smile:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
NM, I am glad you clarified, but I, for one never got the impression you were putting blame on anyone.

So glad you are on the mend. You and the Eos need to get back out there and be the Goddess Team you were meant to be!

bklyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I received a message today, from someone who felt that I was blaming the bootfitters for my injury. So, to clarify, let me publicly state that I accept full responsibility for my injuries and complications. I in no way hold the bootfitters responsible. :injured:

By the way the message wasn't from either of the bootfitters. They have both been incredibly supportive and have offered help in continuing to fix my boot issues once I'm able to get my foot in it again!!! :smile:

Glad to hear that you're ok. That injury took a turn toward very serious quickly.

I couldn't help but think that poor bootfitting led to your frostbite. I hope they make things right to your satisfaction.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga