• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Emergency Boot Issue

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Woo hoo! for a [powder day. AND glad your boot issue seems to be resolved. AND I literally lol=ed about the maxi pads. ITs too perfect.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
As they say, Necessity is the Mother of Invention! And I couldn't wait to share this with the Ski Divas -- now I'll definitely have to test out my idea. I'll be here until Sunday, so if I don't get to test it tomorrow (because, well -- Powder Day!!), I'll definitely try it out sometime this week. Just so we'll know, LOL.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
... I stopped into the local Dollar store and bought some...wait for it...maxi-pads! They stick to the skin, and have some padding, so if I start having discomfort again I'll see if they help. Should be an interesting experiment, LOL.
Brilliant.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
How did it go?
They did the job, with a bit of tinkering, but probably wouldn't have lasted long, in terms of staying in place. But I didn't actually ski with them because ASA I got to TSV I took myself to the Boot Doctors and found that indeed, my original (8+ yr old) SIDA liners had packed out, but my boots and custom insoles are still in good condition. I talked with Robby (:love:) about the pros and cons of new boots vs liners, and I told him I wanted to get at least one more season out of my boots, so we went with Intuition liners, (although he thought that maybe I could go up from 100 to 110 flex in my next boot).

What a difference! He was able to remove the various lift and volume tweaks that had been put into my boots over the yrs, and these liners have so much more volume! Since I was at TSV for Mon-Wed, I spent the time basically skiing and going back in for little adjustments, so by the time I left yesterday I think we had them dialed-in pretty well.

I also picked his brain about the new BOA boots. I told him I was waiting to buy new boots because I wanted to possibly try some, and since they're so new, I thought I'd wait another season. He told me that right now they seem to work better for people who have larger-volume feet, esp in the instep, and I have very low-volume feet and very narrow heels and ankles. He told me he also has small feet and heels, and even he was unable to find any BOA boots that were not too big, volume-wise. So I'll wait another year and hope that the companies will add more models to their line-ups.

brooksnow

Angel Diva
Glad you were able to get your boot issues fixed!

He told me that right now they seem to work better for people who have larger-volume feet, esp in the instep, and I have very low-volume feet and very narrow heels and ankles.
Interesting. I've been wary of boa because I have wide, high volume, high instep feet and the thought of tightening my forefoot and instep together seems all wrong. Perhaps I should consider trying some when I need new boots. My husband just got some that he loves, but he has pretty normal feet.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Glad you were able to get your boot issues fixed!

Interesting. I've been wary of boa because I have wide, high volume, high instep feet and the thought of tightening my forefoot and instep together seems all wrong. Perhaps I should consider trying some when I need new boots. My husband just got some that he loves, but he has pretty normal feet.
From what Robbie told me, it sounds like you have the exact kind of foot that these boots are made for. He said they were wonderful in terms of the micro adjustments you can make, but he mentioned all the different brands (K2, Atomic, Rossi, etc), and said it was unlikely any of them would fit my foot.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga