• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Eldora women's clinic- any experiences?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm considering signing up for either the half or full day women's clinic at Eldora. Has anyone done either? When I first looked into it I thought maybe I wouldn't do it since I'll be in Taos for one of the 4 weeks. But after skiing Eldora for 2 days by myself I am rethinking, and I saw online that there is one make up day for missed sessions, so other than not being fully in sync with the rest of the participants, I won't be missing out by being gone one week. They start this coming week.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did the half day program last year and really enjoyed it. What level skier do you consider yourself? Because I do think it attracts a more intermediate crowd although there was a small group of higher level ladies in the program when I did it and it varies depending on who signs up of course. But the instructors are all great and very experienced.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks, that's the kind of thing I was hoping to hear. Do you remember what average class size was?

In New England I consider myself a middle of the road intermediate, but looking down some of the blues the other day, I'd say for here I might be on the lower end of intermediate :( Humbling, for sure. Which is why I'm now looking at the women's clinic again.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hm, I guess maybe 6-8 per group? And of course not everyone showed up every given day for various reasons. I'd highly recommend it, especially as it sounds like you might have the skills for the terrain you want but are maybe struggling with the confidence aspect? I'd say that fits very much with what a lot of the women in the program are working on and you'd be a good fit.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ugh, damn my indecisiveness. I kept going back and forth between full vs half day, finally made up my mind, and the site said registration closed for session 1. :cry: Nothing online mentioned a registration deadline, just no walk ins, have to register in advance, and that they would do their best to accommodate everyone. I immediately called the ski school, and they gave me an email to contact the program director, but haven't heard back yet (and of course it is a holiday today.) I have no interest in doing a private, and the daily group lessons are beginner only. I've spent the day mentally kicking myself for not registering in time and checking my email non-stop to see if I had a reply yet. Fingers are still crossed though. Sigh.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Set my alarm this morning, headed up the hill and took a chance. And I am very thankful that the director of the program let me in. I'm doing the full day, and wow, the included breakfast and lunch are great. Looking forward to next week's lesson.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Set my alarm this morning, headed up the hill and took a chance. And I am very thankful that the director of the program let me in. I'm doing the full day, and wow, the included breakfast and lunch are great. Looking forward to next week's lesson.
Glad you had a good time! Any chance you skied today and were the gal I rode with who was asking about the blue runs?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna