• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Elan Magfire 9 orange Fusion

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got some advice on buying these skis here so I thought I should write a little review.

I am 175cm about 88kg and fairly fit/athletic. This is my 4th year skiing and I have just done my 7th week in that time. Last year I bought a pair of 06-07 Elan Magfire 12s in 160cm on the advice of an instructor in Slovenia who said I would love them in a year. I felt they gave me a lot more confidence to go faster and enjoyed them when conditions were good but really struggled when they weren't and felt I wasn't bending them at all. I was looking for something a bit softer.

I just got back from 1 week in Zermatt, Switzerland where I got to try out my new skis in a lot of conditons. The first day we were there it snowed lots and conditions were perfect. I did a lot of nice red runs and went off piste a bit, about knee deep fresh snow. The 2nd and 3rd days were ok in the morning, hardpack but ok but very icy by afternoon. 4th day we went to Italy where the snow was softer, some man made and 5th, 6th and 7th day it was snowing while we skied, whiteout with lots of fresh snow, if only you could see where you were skiing :snow:

I got these skis very cheaply from ebay in Germany so wasn't too bothered what they were like but I really liked them. I was surprised at how stiff they still were but they were a lot lighter to carry about than my mag 12s. I felt I was actually bending them and think I was finally carving, the only place I didn't love them was in chopped up snow, my mag 12s just busted through everything but these felt a bit more unstable and a couple of times I caught an edge, I don't know if this is because they are lighter or becasue they are more shaped with a shorter turn radius than the mag 12s. I can't find much info on them but heres a few webpages.
https://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr
https://www.amazon.de/Elan-Magfire-Orange-Fusion-2008/dp/B000WGQUV0

Classification: All mountain
Length: 168
Dimensions: 125-75-109
Radius: 13.3 m

Short turns: 4 although I still struggle when its steep or icy to do short quick turns but think that is me rather than the ski
Medium turns: 5
Long turns: 5
Stability: 3 not as stable as my mag 12s but a whole lot easir to use!
Forgiveness: 4, didn't punish me as much as the mag 12s when I got tired
Grip: 4 we were on proper ice a lot and they were pretty good on this
Steeps: 5
Crud: 3
Straight: 5 felt very stable

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga