• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Early opening dates in the PNW

Christy

Angel Diva
Early openings here in the PNW. Whistler’s opening 12 days early, this Saturday—they’ve had 39” in the last week, 2' feet more predicted this week. Mt Baker (WA) opens this weekend—they got 4’ this past week and expect 2’ more this week. Crystal Mt (WA) has a limited opening tomorrow, with only 30” on the ground but 80%-100% chance of snow every day this week. Stevens Pass is shooting for the 20th—they have 30”, and it’s snow forecast every day. White Pass opens this Friday the 13th.

Jilly

Staff member
Ah ha, now I know why a buddy in Van is talking about skiing this weekend. Beside getting my goat that he is, and I'm not! Choices!

joycemocha

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ahem. There are ski areas in Oregon.:smile:

Timberline was open last week (November 7) and Meadows opens today (November 11). I was up at Timberline today--pow and crowds, crowds of the sort you don't usually see at T-line.

They kept promising the Mile but it hadn't opened by the time I left--visibility and avalanche control were the stated issues.

Still, pretty sweet snow, and I have to concur with one kid I rode the chair with--"There's some sick snow here today!"

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bachelor is opening next Friday.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lookout Pass is opening this weekend.

I saw that on the news a couple nights ago. Tempting. I haven't been, have you? Wondering if it's worth it. Looked from the news like they had a decent amount of snow.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I haven't been up there since the expansions, but it's a lot of fun. Lookout's reputation is always for good snow as they are so high. I like it as one of the best "keeping it real" ski areas.:D You know, people in their hunting clothes and carhartts, on ancient gear, just ripping it up.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like keeping it real, would love to go but just realized, one of us has yet to get bindings on their skis. Maybe next weekend though if I can get it together.

Christy

Angel Diva
Stevens Pass had 100% of their terrain/lifts open today, which is the earliest anyone can remember it being fully open. Coverage was great, not early season at all. Snowed all day and it's pouring and cold here in Seattle tonight so that means it's dumping up there. Up to 8" tonight and 7" more tomorrow predicted.

And Whistler has gotten 200" so far this month!! I think Mt Baker must be close to that. Some El Nino year.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
:jealous:

Couldn't you pretty please send some snow down to Tahoe and Mammoth? And maybe let a few flakes get through to CO? Oh wait, there are a lot of flakes in CO, not to mention in CA.

But seriously, I need some powder, not man-made hardpack, but POWDER!!!!!! :jealous:

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And Whistler has gotten 200" so far this month!! I think Mt Baker must be close to that. Some El Nino year.

Opening weekend at Bachelor has been epic, but I'm headed to Stevens/Baker/Alpental this next week. I can't freaking wait. SO MUCH SNOW!!!

Christy

Angel Diva
There was an interesting bit on the news about local ski resorts (the video shows Stevens). Business has been up 50-80% statewide so far this year, which on one hand seems like a no-brainier, due to the early openings, but given the recession and the fact that some smaller ski areas are struggling, is good to hear. The Stevens GM said that recessions don't matter to his business--it's all about the snow. I wouldn't have guessed that.

https://www.king5.com/news/business/Washingtons-ski-business-booming-80485552.html

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga