• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Duplicate Mountain Names

playoutside

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've noticed in several threads there are mountains with the same names in different areas of the world (ok, North America anyway). Some that I have noticed are:

Blue: PA, Canada and I think there is another
Black: ME and NH
Hidden Valley: NJ and several others
Holiday Valley/Mountain: I think there are 2 in NY

Do you know of others? Is my list above accurate?

altagirl

Staff member
I grew up skiing at Mt. Brighton in Michigan, and now I live by Brighton in Utah...

Marigee

Angel Diva
Timberline, Oregon and Timberline, West Virginia

Christy

Angel Diva
Yes, Crystal Mountain in WA and also in MI.

You know I never associated it with ice! Maybe because we don't have that much.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
There's THE Alta in Utah, and also a (much smaller) Alta in the Laurentians of Quebec. Regulars at small Alta are passionate about their hill and its ungroomed, treed, gnarly terrain.

Jilly

Staff member
Yup, there is a Blue Mountain in Ontario and PA.
Hidden Valley in Ontario (Huntsville) too

Elangirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I work in the Whitfish Mountain Resort which used to be called Big Mountain in Whitefish Montana. But, we were always mixed with Big SkY Montana---there were even people who showed up here in Whitefish who had reservations at Big Sky!!

So, last year, they brought in Branders who decided that we will be Whitefish Mountain Resort!! I like our new logos, etc.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Crystal Mountain.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I work in the Whitfish Mountain Resort which used to be called Big Mountain in Whitefish Montana. But, we were always mixed with Big SkY Montana---there were even people who showed up here in Whitefish who had reservations at Big Sky!!

So, last year, they brought in Branders who decided that we will be Whitefish Mountain Resort!! I like our new logos, etc.
I understand the theory and I'll get over the name change eventually, but would have preferred something more "ferocious" like Hellroaring Peak or whatever.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga