• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Double Ski Memories

skigirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Friday night brought back some memories for my husband and I. We saw 2 kids, a girl and a guy, on a pair of double skis. A double ski is 1 pair of skis with 2 sets of bindings on it. Yes 2 people on 1 pair of skis. My husband and his best friend from highschool used to be really GREAT at it! They could ski parallel, yes 2 people on 1 pair of skis skiing parallel. I wish I had a video of it. The 2 kids Friday night could not turn very well but they did manage to do all the box slides in the terrain park!! They could go straight, go over the box, and then stop. They said they had not figured out how to turn yet and my husband said he could teach them if they wanted help. I'm not sure if they believed the old folks. LOL!!

Have any of you skied on a pair of double skis or seen it?

skigirl

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Never seen such a thing. Honestly the thought of it seems a bit nuts!:eek:

SkiMonster

Certified Ski Diva
I KNEW it! I swore to my husband that 2 people in the lift line at Killington this january had 2-person skis, but he didn't believe me. He said it would be impossible & was probably someone standing on someone else's skis! I KNEW I wasn't seeing things! :P

That must be really hard. We couldn't evenhandle a kayak together!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can barely ski the same hill with my husband, let alone the same skis;)

Jilly

Staff member
I with you SnowHot. Hubby has a peripheral vision problem. I want him in front or waaaaaaay behind. Actually a different run is even better. Actually he's a good sport and skier. Just can see that extra degree of so if you are right beside. As for skiing together on one pair - I don't think so either, we don't even dance well together.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've gone so far as to nix the idea of a tandem road bike....I just know I'd kill him on day 1 because we're both control freaks. I can't even imagine it on skis!!!:eek:

skigirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am not sure I could do it either. It is very hard to do and you have to really listen to each other in order to make it work. My husband and his best friend not only skied parallel they pole planted too. The skis were 215cm long. I wish looking back now, that I had taken a picture or video of it. My husband and I syncro ski very well, I have pictures of that, but I am not sure I could ski on the same ski as him. It is really cool to see it.

SkiMonster: You probably did see what you thought you saw, too bad you did not follow them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga