• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Dolomites trip

EdithP

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Dear Divas, here are a few pictures from my trip to Dolomites, Italy, in early March. Snow was moderate and sunshine plentiful, and only on our last day a heavy snowfall and fog made life difficult.

Attachments

• 20230305_182118.jpg
    20230305_182118.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230308_132632.jpg
    20230308_132632.jpg
    419.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230308_133752.jpg
    20230308_133752.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230308_134136.jpg
    20230308_134136.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230310_100922.jpg
    20230310_100922.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230310_121703.jpg
    20230310_121703.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 18

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wonderful pictures! Which resort was this? I ask because I see there is a destination in the Dolomites on the Ikon pass that I just got, but I am unfamiliar with most of the places.

EdithP

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wonderful pictures! Which resort was this? I ask because I see there is a destination in the Dolomites on the Ikon pass that I just got, but I am unfamiliar with most of the places.
It is Livigno, a village in Italy at the altitude of 1816 m above the sea level. Many of the mountains from which you ski reach up to 3000 m . Very beautiful for sure and ideal for those seeking destinations which could be shared with non skiers. Livigno is full of other attractions like a skating ring, tobboganning, snowmobiles and even just plain trekking. There is a variety of ski schools, some English speaking. One downside is that it is not very easy to reach, the road from Italy being very roundabout and the route from Switzerland, while the shortest, involves getting through a one way tunnel, which therefore has trafic shifts one needs to be mindful about in any travel plans.

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It is Livigno, a village in Italy at the altitude of 1816 m above the sea level. Many of the mountains from which you ski reach up to 3000 m . Very beautiful for sure and ideal for those seeking destinations which could be shared with non skiers. Livigno is full of other attractions like a skating ring, tobboganning, snowmobiles and even just plain trekking. There is a variety of ski schools, some English speaking. One downside is that it is not very easy to reach, the road from Italy being very roundabout and the route from Switzerland, while the shortest, involves getting through a one way tunnel, which therefore has trafic shifts one needs to be mindful about in any travel plans.
Thank you! I've been to Italy, but never been up to the Italian Alps. I speak some Italian, so was thinking that might be a nice destination. Sounds like you had a great trip despite how difficult it was to get there!

EdithP

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you! I've been to Italy, but never been up to the Italian Alps. I speak some Italian, so was thinking that might be a nice destination. Sounds like you had a great trip despite how difficult it was to get there!
We had an unforgettable trip. Livigno is famed for its excellent snow conditions well into May and lots of sunshine. I very much hope this will become an annual thing at my ski club. Wish you luck with finding your way there!

Cantabrigienne

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Dolomiti Superski is the area you get on Ikon - that's 12 areas including Val Gardena & Alta Badia, the main two areas (for English speaking skiers) on the Sella Ronda, plus Kronplatz, Val di Fassa and a bunch of other great places. I have an overly long TR from Feb 2020 if you're interested. It's easy to get to from Venice (there is a 2.5hr bus ride direct from the Venice airport) or from Munich & Milan (4hr scenic trainride or similar length drive.). Fantastic public transit in those areas so you don't have to drive if you don't want.

A couple of Ikon passholders have posted on the UK ski forum Snowheads asking "where should I ski in Europe?" recently & the discussion is v. helpful.

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Dolomiti Superski is the area you get on Ikon - that's 12 areas including Val Gardena & Alta Badia, the main two areas (for English speaking skiers) on the Sella Ronda, plus Kronplatz, Val di Fassa and a bunch of other great places. I have an overly long TR from Feb 2020 if you're interested. It's easy to get to from Venice (there is a 2.5hr bus ride direct from the Venice airport) or from Munich & Milan (4hr scenic trainride or similar length drive.). Fantastic public transit in those areas so you don't have to drive if you don't want.

A couple of Ikon passholders have posted on the UK ski forum Snowheads asking "where should I ski in Europe?" recently & the discussion is v. helpful.
I will definitely look up the reviews! Very interested to go back to Italy and it'd be nice to explore a new area. Thanks so much :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna