• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Does refreshing the FedEx tracking site actually make the package move faster?

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Got the notification that the skis shipped today. Was starting to stress, as I had placed my order over the summer.
Immediately tracked the number.
Fedex flipped her hair at me like a 6th grader… clearly I was far too eager, and there was no package in the system yet.

Tracked again this evening. A date has been set for delivery (Monday) … already figuring out what day I can take them out to the shop to be mounted.

Question to debate for the ages…. If I refresh more often will my skis arrive faster?
:rotf:

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
Got the notification that the skis shipped today. Was starting to stress, as I had placed my order over the summer.
Immediately tracked the number.
Fedex flipped her hair at me like a 6th grader… clearly I was far too eager, and there was no package in the system yet.

Tracked again this evening. A date has been set for delivery (Monday) … already figuring out what day I can take them out to the shop to be mounted.

Question to debate for the ages…. If I refresh more often will my skis arrive faster?
:rotf:
When did the hair flip become a thing? I went w my daughter to a doc appt for rib fracture she got from rowing/over training. The doc (an endocrinologist/sports med doc AND former international level rower) flipped her ponytail at me when she picked up an eye finding that I had failed to notice (I’m an eye doc!!). I was unfamiliar with the gesture but got it right away…and laughed!
I guess skiers can’t flip because we have helmets on! And Divas of a certain age don’t likely have ponytails anyway!!

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Last year, I ordered skis for a christmas present for my son. They were coming from a manufacturer on the west coast. Originally supposed to be here in plenty of time. The delivery date came and went, but they were still in the system. Emailed the manufacturer. The new delivery date was two days after christmas. I was irate. Emailed the manufacturer again. New fedex update: they were scheduled to be delivered the next day, but they were in South Carolina. The next day, sure enough, they were out for delivery...in south carolina. Long story short: they came the day before christmas, and the manufacturer refunded me $20, even though shipping was free. I'm just not a fed ex fan.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I am here to inform you all that it’s possible that extra refreshing SLOWED IT DOWN.
Not arriving until THURSDAY.

:cry:

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
@Lmk92 - I think they did it to spite me.

I do think there’s a HUGE difference between the traditional service and the home delivery service. I’ve had packages GO MISSING and get lost before. That never used to happen, remember? “When it absolutely positively has to get there on time”

Lmk92

Angel Diva
@Lmk92 - I think they did it to spite me.

I do think there’s a HUGE difference between the traditional service and the home delivery service. I’ve had packages GO MISSING and get lost before. That never used to happen, remember? “When it absolutely positively has to get there on time”
Yes, something seems to have definitely slipped. I also had one go missing before the skis.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I had something get lost with FedEx over the summer as well. It was eventually found, but the company reshipped before they ever did. Shipping has definitely gotten worse.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Update. All weekend, site said Monday.
Monday, site updated status to Thursday.
Now, my skis have been traveling from CT since Tuesday night, delivery still says this morning, but they have not arrived in WI yet, per site.

Turns out refreshing the site makes you *cough* MORE neurotic.
I really just want my skis - they still need to be mounted and I was hoping to avoid the ski store on the weekend. :\

MissySki

Angel Diva
Corollary to the original question.

Who else panics when FedEx misses their time window and then just removes an estimated delivery?

I know you’re with me, @MissySki:smile:

The estimated is completely gone?? Ugh I hate FedEx!!

Hope it pops up soon regardless! I had a UPS delivery come 3 hours past the original delivery window I was given yesterday. Though when it didn't come at the right time it didn't completely disappear, it just changed to "before 7pm" when it had been originally been "12:45pm-2:45pm". Why even give the window then!?!?

elemmac

Angel Diva
Who else panics when FedEx misses their time window and then just removes an estimated delivery?
I find that if when FedEx misses a delivery date, they don't update the estimated date until LATE that night or the next morning. One thing I have ran into is that the app updates quicker, but the tracking on a normal internet browser was lagging behind by quite a bit. Don't ask me the logic behind that...cause it makes no sense, but I've witnessed it on more than one occasion.

Sincerely,
A fellow serial tracking checker

PS - If you need information from FedEx about a package, when you call them, ALWAYS hit the number that represents "my package is lost"...otherwise you'll never speak to a real person (pro-tip from a coworker of mine that ships A LOT of overnight shipments that don't make it to the destination overnight).

newboots

Angel Diva
I wonder if FedEx has had to ship far more packages due to (1) pandemic internet shopping and (2) the deliberate slowing of the US Postal “Service.”

Or maybe the essential FedEx workers have followed so many others, and they can’t fill open positions.

My minor pet peeve is when the online store says “You’re package has shipped” in their self-congratulatory way, when the carrier’s tracking site says, for 3 days, “A label has been created.”

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I’m sure. and Renoun absolutely set me up for this by creating the label and telling me my package had shipped on Friday afternoon.

I just am not a patient human.

newboots

Angel Diva
You’re waiting for Renouns?

They should send them to you in a limo with a ski pro driver.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I had to have them. part of my problem is that I’m a sucker for marketing.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I wonder if FedEx has had to ship far more packages due to (1) pandemic internet shopping and (2) the deliberate slowing of the US Postal “Service.”

Or maybe the essential FedEx workers have followed so many others, and they can’t fill open positions.

My minor pet peeve is when the online store says “You’re package has shipped” in their self-congratulatory way, when the carrier’s tracking site says, for 3 days, “A label has been created.”

So I bought a couple of articles of clothing from a fellow skier recently. She sent the first package through UPS From Reno, took around 1.5 weeks to get to me in MA. It kept being delayed. Sent the second piece through USPS and it got her in 3 days.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna