• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do your kids go "treasure hunting" on the slopes?

frenchgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My youngest has been "treasure hunting" lately. With the snow melting things are starting to appear. Today he found and picked up several Mardi gras necklaces that had fallen from the necklace tree, several empty soda cans, 3 poles and a pink bra:ROTF:! The cans went into the trash bin, the poles were given to the lift operator and he threw the bra back into the bra tree from the lift. He is keeping the necklaces(the operators said it was ok to do so) and will give them away to friends.

Jilly

Staff member
That's a pretty good haul!! It's amazing the stuff that is appearing under the lifts.

One of the guys at Tremblant collects the battery packs from the boot heaters. Now that's a really good collection!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Ha! Oh yeah - every year at the ski school/patrol potluck -- whole group of kids would head up beneath the lifts. One year, I think he found at least $7 -- in change! (some of it run over by a groomer...ugly) Car keys, some with remotes attached, a set of abandoned poles in excellent condition, endless lighters, among the usual "trash." Was an annual tradition!

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
LMBO! No, we spot cans from the lift. My kids WANT to go get the cans because in MI they're worth 0.10 cents a piece. :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga